Reason users--What method do you use?

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
To back up your reason songs in case of a wipeout. The weather out here was bad, and I got panicked as f-ck when I realized my computer was still on while I was at work. All I kept thinking about was losin my material. I've read numerous articles about backup, backup, and BACKUP. Do you save your songs in rns. format so you can pull them up on another cpu if needed? And what storage medium do u use? DVD-R, CD-R. This is my next priority to backup all my songs.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I use DVD-R's....They fit the most data on one take and their reliable as long as you keep them in a safe place. I save all material from the rns files, to the refills, to the samples used outside of refills.....As long as a piece of audio was used or cut for a prject, i save it. Without those samples and refills, all yer work is lost anyways cuz when u open the files yer not gonna have the sounds in the song anymore.

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
DueceMade Ent. said:
I use DVD-R's....They fit the most data on one take and their reliable as long as you keep them in a safe place. I save all material from the rns files, to the refills, to the samples used outside of refills.....As long as a piece of audio was used or cut for a prject, i save it. Without those samples and refills, all yer work is lost anyways cuz when u open the files yer not gonna have the sounds in the song anymore.

Self contain your beats

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
A B said:
Self contain your beats
Yeah, thats another way to safe-guard yerself from getting fucked too.....self contain any beats that have sounds contained from outside a refill.....those sounds wont need to be saved else where then, youl have them in the beat when u load it later, but what sux iz u still gotta make sure u back EVERYTHING up becuase self containing does not back up sounds from refills....its a copyright thing i think.

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
seperate hard drive

use a seperate drive man. it works for all the other shit u need to back up, not just reason, but bulkier files, everything, and you dont risk losing individual dvdrs or cds - imagine how it would screw u just losing one cd - with the beats/samples/settings for ur fave track. not worth it. plus all you gotta do is plug it into ur usb port ... no contest. plus if ur whole system goes bye bye (shivers and crosses himself) all u gotta do is plug it into another machine and hit "open"

piece