Reason help

P.Noccio

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I just switched from fl to reason.. I don't use any tuts so I'm just messin around and trying to learn the basics.. I got 2 questions:
1. Can reason load vst(i)'s and/or dxi's, if no can I use plugins at all?
2. I think that creating instruments in the edit menu is the same as creating a layer.. But when I create an instrument and I record something with that instrument, and than I create another I can't get sound out of it..
I hope I'm clear enough if not i'll hear it.. ;)
peace

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
2. I think that creating instruments in the edit menu is the same as creating a layer.. But when I create an instrument and I record something with that instrument, and than I create another I can't get sound out of it..
I hope I'm clear enough if not i'll hear it.. ;)
peace

Are you sure the audio wires are connected to the mixer? Flip the rack around by pressing "tab" and make sure the wires are routed.

P.Noccio

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Are you sure the audio wires are connected to the mixer? Flip the rack around by pressing "tab" and make sure the wires are routed.
ah that's it:) thanks.. but about the instruments, so plugins like battery,sampletank,trilogy etc. are useless now? can't I download any sounds at all? and if I buy a controller, what's the best buy? (not to expensive:p)

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yep, for reason you can download sounds, but good expansive sets are usually harder to come by. if you visit isohunt.com check out the torrents for the korg trinity pro, roland fantom, and yamaha motif refill sets, that'll get you a nice start on good sounds.
as for a budget controller i might recommend an m-audio keystation-61, which you can pick up for around 150 online, maybe cheaper on ebay.
cheers!

P.Noccio

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks, I'm downloading the yamaha motif refill right now.. One last question: for the drums, is there a easy way to sample drums? cos I often get the advice to sample drums from other tracks.. but I have no idea how to do that.. I suppose the easiest way to do that is to find a part in a song where you only hear the drums and if that isn't there just mess around with the freq till you only here the bass or snare...? Can someone please explain how I do that.. I appreciate it..
peace

members online