Reason 3 Is *almost* Here!

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
LATEST: Reason 3 announced!
25/11/2004
First details of new version emerge
The first concrete details of next major update to Propellerhead’s Reason software have been revealed.
And the word is that version 3 will contain several new features designed with live performance in mind. For example, the new Combinator module (pictured below) allows users to consruct chains of Reason instrument, effects and sequencer modules and save them as a combi patch. Users can thereby recall complex setups instantly.
Propellerhead have for a long time been resisting requests from many users to incorporate audio recording, third-party plug-in hosting and other DAW-type features into Reason, and there’s no change to their stance in version 3. Indeed, Propellerhead make it clear that they see Reason as the software alternative to a hardware workstation synth, with the same capabilities for composing, production and now live performance too.
Another new module is MClass, a mastering suite featuring a four-band parametric and shelving EQ, a compressor/maximiser and a look-ahead limiter.
Other new features in version 3 that have been confirmed so far include a new, expanded soundbank, with more multisampled instruments and a range of combi patches, a new browser featuring text searches, Favourites folders and audition play of all samples and patches via MIDI, and out-of-the-box integration with most major control surfaces, including support for motorised faders and controller displays.
We expect many more details of the new version to be revealed before Reason v3 becomes available in early 2005.

[http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=7298&session=f7796b817c0b64d7c44214131de34ee7]

Further Info @: http://www.propellerheads.se/

:smokin: ,
Wings

Attachments

• combinator.jpg
    combinator.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 170
  • reason3.jpg
    reason3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 177

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I just started getting into version 2.5, now this?!? Looks good, seems to be some good additions to a great piece of software to begin with.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Fade said:
I just started getting into version 2.5, now this?!? Looks good, seems to be some good additions to a great piece of software to begin with.

yea i definately as i woz reading thru i thought wot they added is exactly what id ask for, the mastering suite is definately a welcome edition imo i think being able to master a bit better in reason will make a lot of difference to my tracks ! and anything else is a bonus !

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
the sequencer seems good to me. and vst support? at first i was all for it, but now i dont really feel theres a need for vsts, reason is a much more stable reliable program without them. besides refills are now becoming as popular as vsts

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
afriquedeluxe said:
the sequencer seems good to me. and vst support? at first i was all for it, but now i dont really feel theres a need for vsts, reason is a much more stable reliable program without them. besides refills are now becoming as popular as vsts

They wont need to incorporate VSTS as long as REWIRE is available

now a good ideas is would to get some 3rd party program, thats free thats packed with reason to open VSTS and Rewire and such withint that....

so u dont need to open the VSts IN reason itself

but if it used VSTs it wouldnt be no different then FL

Reason wnats to stand alone

But i have both apps

i just bought FL 5 and i like it very much, especially for sampling

and reason I want to get so i can rewire to Cubase when i do my compositions

M

MIKELABZ

No Offense, But I'll Be Looking Forward More To The Next Fl Studio.

M

MIKELABZ

i wonder how long it will take for it to become "free".......

MikeMiz

ill o.g.
Best feature for me is the combinator. I mean layering 2 or 3 nnxt's, a malstrom, a sub... /w effects, and being able to play it all with one key... a dream come true. Not to mention saving all as a single patch/preset.

A

ACEBEATZ

Probably not much....

Reason is the StarCraft of music software, you can run it on a p3 500 with a shit load of instrument and effect without laggin.