Pro Tools Makes me want to shoot myself in the F$%king Head!

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If its any consolation the new version of logic is rumored to be the program that finally outdoes ProTools, so maybe you'lll be able to stick with just that in the future?

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I love logic! It just sucks as an audio editor. I just finished a huge mix in pro tools tonight, I can not believe it does not have offline bounce. ***Pulls trigger***

no i know, i dont know how closely you follow the rumors over the new logic but apparently the reason its taking so long is b/c apple is completely rebuilding the program and packaging it with new hardware consoles and touch screen interfaces and they are going to try to take a huge chunk of pro tools business away from digidesign...i would imagine they realize audio editing is a serious weakness in logic 7 so im sure it will be addressed in the new one.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
fl7 has pdc lol

logic still rules in my book, PT is just some stupid industry standard due clever marketing...all the heads use logic aside along a big ass neve, ssl whatever and you use PT to convert tracks to logic cuz all your clients are told to use this lol.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Ahmen, Pro tools is still used more the the (top 40 Major) Industry than logic (TDM I am sure) And it does edit audio better than logic but its a dog! I hope apple gets logics audio chops up to snuff then I will never need to look at PT again! I am going to keep it around for those clients that demand it. oh well.

O

open mind

lmfao on the whole threat. there is an education program somewhere in the states i forgot the city they trade weapons for brand new pcs!!! dont shoot yourself in the head homie.get a new pc for that gun u have.

*edit* sorry man if pt really pisses u off so much then why the hell u use it? pt is industry standard? fuck that EVERY FUCKIN STUDIO CAN WORK WITH WAVE FILES JUST USE THE SEQUENCER U LIKE logic etc... AND CONVERT/BOUNCE/TRACK OUT TO WAVE.problem resolved.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
lol, well I am working on getting pro tools certified from Berklee College of music, and It will help my career to know it. There is a few cool features, but I would rather use nuendo or logic. But I am stuck with PT for at least another year. That being said I love the velvet piano and the Joe meek compressors that are RTAS/TDM only.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
ok I just finished a session tonight and it was not as bad. It was a post session so audio to video and everything just worked. I guess I just needed to rant. Maybe pro tools is not the devil incarnate, just a little evil. I do have a HUGE tracking session this weekend (I am sure it will be a 40+ hour weekend, 11 songs three piece band, extra studio musicians and so on) so we will see how PT does for that.

O

open mind

wow sounds very busy dude good luck with all that i wish u good success for that work man.

keep us updated.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
did I also mention that it does not have plugin delay compensation? What is this 2002, ya my convolution reverbs are going to work real well with no PDC

Yo Dreampolice, you are full of talent. I'm still checkin' out your projects; graphics and music. We'll have to chat sometime man.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Thanks man I would love to chat as well! You can hit me up on IM at MSN if you like thedreampolice@hotmail.com or just shoot me an email scheidies@gmail.com I have a session all this weekend so I probably wont be on until mon.

On another note I am worried about pro tools it was acting up a bit during the session last night so we will see how it does today. I will let you guys know.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
i've been accepted in a sound engineering school, still need the funding, so i figured i'd try to learn the basics of protools seeing how i use cubase and have very limited logic knowledge and never used a mac, all of which are used at the school.
man, i had to search all over for a metronome b4 i realized i needed to make a click track, and then trying to find where the:cuss: it was and then make sure it was an aux mono track. after all that, i felt well and stupid :eek:

it's not like i didn't read the manual, but like a lot of manuals it wasn't that direct. i'm dreading the time, probably this weekend, when i start to learn all the steps it's gonna take to use virtual instruments :crying::crying:.......:suicide:

i'll eventually become good at it but i won't like it.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
fl7 has pdc lol

logic still rules in my book, PT is just some stupid industry standard due clever marketing...all the heads use logic aside along a big ass neve, ssl whatever and you use PT to convert tracks to logic cuz all your clients are told to use this lol.

FUCK FRUiTY LooPS...UNLESS iTS oN A LAPToP, i HATE ALL THiS DESKJoB, CUBiCLE FEELiN SHiT. MPC 2500 MoBiLE LiKE A MoTHERFUCKER.

AND PRoTooLS CAN EAT A FAT DiCK Too FOR VARioUS REASoNS BUT iTS STiLL MY RECoRDiNG SoFTWARE oF CHoiCE. WHEN iTS oN iTS oN, WHEN iTS oFF...YoU KNoW.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^^^so what are you saying... i mean, this is really a post to old to respond....

other than that, it more sounds the " recording software of purchase " than choice, buy something you can value like a mpc indeed or good software like logic... or fl on a desktop (man whatever, its the same bitch) lol!

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
im sayin that Pro-Tools is GREAT until something uncontrollable goes wrong...i thought that was obvious. im experiencing PRO TOOLS issues at the moment so thats the source of my frustrations.