Pressure!!!!!

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Aight yall, I'm under mad pressure at the moment and I need some guidance! The cat's that I commonly work with (lately) need a whole disk of new beats, by the end of tomarrow! I got two done. That's not where it gets hectic though! Next I got 3 other cat's hounding me for beats and they need them as soon if not sooner!! So, I'm stuck in this situation under mad pressure tryin to do my thing and crank out these beats but they're all, GARBAGE!!!

The thing is, it's a real good financial oppurtunity for me (we're lookin at a good 1000-1500 if I pop these out in time) . But it's just so fuckin' hard knowing I'm under all this PRESSURE!! It's like when I sit down and try and do my thing it don't come out good, at all!!! And, I'm not slumpin', I'm just madd stressed out! Tryin to get this done on time because 1. It's good business to get it to the M.C. when they need it and 2. I don't want these cat's to be like "Man, your fuckin around," and lose clientel.

My question is, What would you do? I have been puttin some of these cat's off for a while now. A man, can only handle so much! And plus I got other shit I gotta do at the moment, it's tough! Mostly all of these cat's are movin units locally, so it's real stressful for me at the moment..

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you in milwaukee. You can farm some of that work out and take a cut of the money. I'm from milwakee, but I live in VA, but I know a few cats that are putting down that I can put you in contact with. thats what you have to do when your catalog is not up

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Best is to never throw yourself out there when your not ready . . . Don't try to sell beats when you really don't have that many at all. If someone hears two tracks and their like "give me a beat sampler cd" so i can browse more tracks and see if I like any, and you actually only have 5 beats altogether what are you gonna do ? That seems like the situatiob your in the way you described it (not saying you only have a small amount of beats cause that may not even be the case).

I did not start selling beats until had a good amount of beats all ready finished so that situations liek that wouldn't happen. Someone asks to hear more but the only things you have made they have heard already and then your stuck.

My advice would be don't give them any tracks that aren't ready. It's better to not give them garbage and hold off until you have good quality work to show. Show them those two tracks if they are really your best quality work. Let them know that good beats take time and that you aren't going to rush and put out half assed work. Tell them you take your work serious and take time to ensure that you put out good quality tracks. Tell them as tracks are finished up you can show them what you have.

I would rather hold out than rush and give someone garbage have them thinknig "this dudes beats are trash" . . . If their local you can easily get a hold of them later and contact them right ? So as you finish tracks up you can always show them.

stroke

ill o.g.
Look fam you got a whole web site of ill producer. Put them on us. Do you first the be like check this out. If they like it they'll be on you give the site mad expo and you an help out other producer. You'd get mad love for it.

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
All I can say man is dont put the rush on wat ya doin. I'm goin thru the same thing kinda I'm in a rush to put out a beat cd I've went from tryin to put out 3 to juss focusin on one and I'm stressed as shit over it as the deadline i set for myself is gettin close. Now I kno u need them tracks done by tomorrow but instead of tryin to run thru a track in 15 minutes for example try and give it 30-45 minutes think the track thru, basically do wat u were doin that made them cats take notice of ya tracks in the first place work at ya natural pace and the heat that u bring will naturally come out, wat im sayin is not a guaranteed method but its somethin to try ya kno. Also how many beats are a disk full we talkin 70 minutes worth or we talkin like a good 10?

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
stroke said:
Look fam you got a whole web site of ill producer. Put them on us. Do you first the be like check this out. If they like it they'll be on you give the site mad expo and you an help out other producer. You'd get mad love for it.

LOL, I'd be proud too but I'm the only producer they mess with by choice.. The like how my sound fits there sound, feel me? Nothing is givin to you in this business man! Every contact I got I earned, I'm not just about to throuw them away! Not hatin' on any of my fam here but, they know how it is too... I gotta eat, just like you and the next man..

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Opera Populare said:
Also how many beats are a disk full we talkin 70 minutes worth or we talkin like a good 10?

Yeah, I got a little carried away with that statement. I think a couple would be fine, just so they can have something in the meantime while I step up my catalogue..

stroke

ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
LOL, I'd be proud too but I'm the only producer they mess with by choice.. The like how my sound fits there sound, feel me? Nothing is givin to you in this business man! Every contact I got I earned, I'm not just about to throuw them away! Not hatin' on any of my fam here but, they know how it is too... I gotta eat, just like you and the next man..

I feel ya i was the same way untill i realized it's not about your skill it's who you know and back you scrach. Trust when i say i got more pull than a lil bit. Thats why my beats sound so diff. All about back scraching. But good luck and you can pull it off you really try. O yea dont forget your better than you where before so revap old shit that was wack

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
I stress this to my fellow producers time and time again. STACK STACK STACK

AND STACK SOME MORE

your off season is the time to get in grind mode. You should have at least 100 completed beats ready to be sold a year. Cuz when the labels start knockin', its game time. There's no time for "I gotta make 5 sure fire bangers for some clients comin' in this weekend". U gotta have 5+ in the stash, and recoup the beat(s) u just sold after u cash dat check.

STACK or u will be overwhelmed and then niggas gonna be like "oh, he ran out of hot joints" and take they business elsewhere.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
I heard that man.. Now, I fell into a damn slump form all the pressure but I told alot of cat's that I will only be focusing on my main artists at this time.. That way, I can stack and still get my name out on these up coming albums..

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
exampul just tell em dog - ay i gotta whole lot of beats due at the same time - they'll prolly understand. and whne u sit down to do em, dont think about the pressure - think about getting buisness - shit most of us would be happy to be in yo shoes - now get off ya ass n make that heat

Arc.I.Tect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Fo'real man you gotta be prepared for situations like this. You MUST have bangers up and ready. You also must give them a realistic timeline when negotiating with them. However, once you're in this situation you just gotta break it down to them that what they're asking is unrealistic but explain to them if they want the quality only you can give them, then it'll take a little longer. If you'd rather save the connection then stack the cash you oughta give em a discount or give them one for free. Now yes, it will seem stupid now. But later on if you need em they'll remember how good you were at business and that you did something for free. If you only in it for cash right now then just get the money. But if you tryna network I'd suggest discount.

Off Topic: Bosta I checked your tracks the other day, you droppin some nice ish and whenever I can get my own ish started and have a steady cash flow i'll probably try to cop that CD of yours cuz it seems like you droppin some real good music there.