Presentation

Alejandro

AleVFX
Hi, I'm a new guy here and in music production in general. I'm in this forum because OGBama recommended me. Who am I? Well, my name is Alejandro I like Hip-Hop music especially from Dr. Dre and I really want to enter in music production. I haven't any skill in music except some little piano knowledge but it's so small that I can't even play with two hands. I really don't know how to get started I have FL Studio and I tried to play around with it. I used it to record some songs made with Image-Line Remote on my iPad because I don't have a MIDI keyboard but anything else. If someone with experience can help to get started I would be grateful because I really don't know how to get started in this field. I'm trying to read some music theory books but I'm not sure how to use the knowledge taken from them and apply it. The only thing I'm sure is that I want to do music production seriously and not only take some random sounds without even know what I am doing but I really want to understand how to create music from scratch.
I don't have any dedication problem it's only that I really don't know where to start from.
This is my presentation and a help request too. I hope to possibly get started and to start creating my own music someday.
Sorry for my bad English and thanks for reading my presentation.
See you there :)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

Alejandro

AleVFX
Welcome! There's plenty of people here that use FL Studio. You can check the Software section first or just ask a question there.

To get started well that's a big question. There should also be some articles that could answer your questions. Check some of these:
Thanks a lot!!! I read all articles and they are great especially because finally I found something that explain how beats are made and not just showing while other peoples are creating their own! great articles !!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thanks a lot!!! I read all articles and they are great especially because finally I found something that explain how beats are made and not just showing while other peoples are creating their own! great articles !!!
Thanks. This video I did might help too although it's about samples, but you can get an idea of the basics:

Plus for basic drum programming:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Alejandro and for piano you need at least 88 keys and it should be weighted and digital. Try to find something that can be used both standalone and w/a computer.