Pharrell IS doin a solo Album?

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
I say the video for Pharrell's first single and I don't know what to say....I knew it was bound to happen eventually...(all that bullshit about not wanting to do a solo album) But I don't know what to expect...I would think since this is his album then he would have the freedom to do what ever he wants, but I don't think it will be as diverse as his N.E.R.D. projects....It will be interesting to see how this album sounds....What do ya'll think?

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
i hate pharrell, but less then i dislike kanye... but it'll possible have a dozen other rapper on there, so he can try and sale... there's not alot of emcee now days that can whole a solo album all to their self. ... and pharrell is def. not one of them... expect the normal cameos... Nas, Busta, Luda, Kelis, Snoop, JayZ and anyone else that were on a pass N.E.R.D album or neptunes beat..

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
a Pharrell solo is long overdue. at least we can depend on some of the beats being fire.

will it be rock, rap or singing?

j p

ill o.g.
the neptunes fell off like 2 years ago. i havn't heard a really hot beat from them in a while so i wonder what the productions gonna sound like. i guess this will be a d/l album just for the guest appearances, but who knows i could be wrong

Cwik

ill o.g.
Can I have it like that

I got that 12" last week. Did'nt like it too much to start with but it's grown on me and i've already started a remix on it. I think the album should be quite intresting.
And one thing is 4 sure....skateboard p always tries sumthin' new and is inovative.

j p said:
the neptunes fell off like 2 years ago. i havn't heard a really hot beat from them in a while so i wonder what the productions gonna sound like. i guess this will be a d/l album just for the guest appearances, but who knows i could be wrong

yo I really liked some of the beats they did for snoop's album.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
To tell you the truth, "Can I have it like that", that beat is fire.... I can just imagine Nas killin that beat instead of "Skateboard P"....the song would be off the wall. But Pharell needs to stop rappin.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
heard his new track, i like the beat alot, propz to him for that.

but his rappin skills are a low standard, an he talks about some stupid shit in his rhymes.

talkin gully and shit, that aint him.

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
whats the track called?

S

Svenghali

I don't like the track but I do dig alot of Pharrell's production. He pushes the envelope and tries some different shit, I dig him for that. Now, whether or not the solo thing will be poppin' is something else. I'd co-sign atleast half of the Neptunes music so half of it should appeal to me.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I've seen the video and the first thing that came to my mind was that this cat has made his mark and now he can do whatever he wants. I have to give him props for not being afraid to delve into some other ish. He is a very talented and versatile producer and I'm sure his album will depict that. As for his rappin'; I think he's on some Missy Elliot ish. LOL!
ONE

members online