Paula Abdul "Cold Hearted" - 2Good UK Garage Remix

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Man, I dig it.

Super solid track right there. As far as the production itself goes, I got nothin to say. Its such an overall solid track. However, (and it may be due to intention) it just sounds really flat for my personal taste. The mid frequencies seem to be really fighting each other on whats gonna stand out - with different sections having snippets of shine throughout the track. It'd be really awesome to be able to distinguish between some of the instruments going on (whether it be from sample and/or from what you added). Its a fuckin banger though, I envision a bunch of hipster white girls doin blow in the bathroom and coming out to rage when this shit hits. I just feel like those mid frequencies need to be cleaned up somehow and somehow have them articulate themselves in the mix. Granted I dont have a subwoofer active right now, it still felt a bit hollow. Theres just that umph factor kinda missing for me personally.

But shit man, great fuckin track. I salute you. Way more clean and precise than what I would put out.

Man, I dig it.

Super solid track right there. As far as the production itself goes, I got nothin to say. Its such an overall solid track. However, (and it may be due to intention) it just sounds really flat for my personal taste. The mid frequencies seem to be really fighting each other on whats gonna stand out - with different sections having snippets of shine throughout the track. It'd be really awesome to be able to distinguish between some of the instruments going on (whether it be from sample and/or from what you added). Its a fuckin banger though, I envision a bunch of hipster white girls doin blow in the bathroom and coming out to rage when this shit hits. I just feel like those mid frequencies need to be cleaned up somehow and somehow have them articulate themselves in the mix. Granted I dont have a subwoofer active right now, it still felt a bit hollow. Theres just that umph factor kinda missing for me personally.

But shit man, great fuckin track. I salute you. Way more clean and precise than what I would put out.
Thanks man, I agree with regards to the mix. I spent all last night making the beat, spent quite a few hours on it. Struggled mixing it a little because levels were pretty damn loud so its squashed all the dynamics out of it. I really want to go back to the mix, start from scratch and mix it properly and systematically. I was so keen to get it uploaded as soon as possible that I didnt let the ear fatigue wear off. I had myself bouncing all around my room last night and wanted to share as soon as possible.