NI Maschine is THE product of the year!

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
i'm interested in getting it, but have no idea whats the difference between the education version and the normal one... can someone shed some light?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
you dont record into the hardware if thats what you meant. all the signal processing actually takes place in your pc. it's a software sampler/drum computer with a dedicated hardware controller. but nearly all aspects of the software can be controlled via the hardware (you don't need to watch your monitor) so it feels very much like working with an mpc. plus the workflow is really good.

Nah man, i get that...I was just wondering what kind of sampling facitities it offers.....Ive been waiting for the day that a hardware/software hybrid offers the same direct sample recording facilities as the MPC.

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
joint is crazy fellas, real talk...I have no desire to use my mpc anymore and that's no joke. I was a HUGE mpc fanatic, never wanted to mess with software, but times change.

It's just too quick...I really use this more than anything, even more than ableton live. The workflow is very similar to hardware...but things are much quicker. You don't have to worry about small ram so chopping is very easy.

I just duplicate samples to the next pad and use the knobs to adjust the start/endpoint, easy. Or you can autochop...

I really can't see anything competing with this, unless akai comes out with something similar, I think we'll see more hybrid setups like this.

I'm waiting for a keyboard companie to make a workstation that runs like this lol.

but yeah...it's just too crazy to pass up...definitely worth a look. I won't be buying any more mpcs lol...they will have to come very correct for that!

I choose this over my 4k any day.... unless I want to sequence a room full of gear, mpc is still the master at that lol.

but I don't, so...mpc gets no playtime at all.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I really can't see anything competing with this, unless akai comes out with something similar.

Exactly. I keep wondering why Akai hasn't done so yet.

Like if they came out with a plug-in or virtual instrument that syncs the MPC to like Logic that would keep the MPC in rotation but I have no idea of they are even developing something like that.

I will probably get a MASCHINE this February. I still want to make a few more beat one my MPC before I retire it.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
The one factor that I will give the MPC tho over a software/hardware hybrid piece like this though is its "digital converters", which are actually very good.....cuz now once you move to your computer you have to rely on your soundcard/interfaces converters to provide the same quality interpretation of an analog source as your MPC did. Thats not to say most interfaces wont succeed fine at this, but I feel like if I were to get the same quality i get from the MPCs converters I would have to at least cop a RME Fireface or the equivalent....and thats a big part of what makes the MPC dope to me. This is obviously debatable but I think the MPCs converters are a big part of what makes it have its warm sound.

I dunno, its just more money to drop into something new from my point of view, still would like one though.

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
i guess the converters can be a point for some. I rarely sampled INTO my 4k, mostly drag samples and loops in to chop, or play back multisamples.

for me it's on point.

The 4k didn't really have a warm sounds as much as a clean sound, but I think you'll be fine.

It defiintely has some growing to do, especially on the daw integration, but I still think it's the illest thing to drop in a long time, and most importantly, it let's me get my music down without limits :)

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
i had mine standing around, catching dust for months, cause i didn't want it to get between me and my hardware (weird hiphop traditionalist). but once i started working with it, i didn't go back yet

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
i've been messing with Maschine and using reaper as a vst rack...so now I have vsts in maschine, I also figured out how to stream audio from maschine directly into reaper...

of course this is all while still running maschine as a standalone app! Which makes it all better.

I don't like using it as a plugin at all

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
the 1.5 update is fire. midi export, mpc import and the vintage sampling modes are nice as fuck. in general, if you have any feature suggestions, post them. i'll forward them to the right channels.