new wu tang album confirmed

T

The Bastard

this was copied from a bulletin posted by raekwon on myspace

© The Wu-Tang Corp.-

Five years after the release of their last album, Iron Flag, Wu-Tang Clan has reunited for their long awaited follow-up by signing a new record deal with the man credited for bringing them to the masses.

Steve Rifkind, CEO of SRC Records, announced the acquisition of the Staten Island collective this week in a video on his blog, thelabel.blog.com. Although a new album had long been discussed, things didn’t get rolling until Wu-Tang was recognized at this year’s VH1 Hip-Hop Honors, according to Rifkind, who consistently stayed in touch with group member and lead producer RZA. "Not only did I want, as a fan, want one more Wu-Tang record, but RZA also wanted one more Wu-Tang record," the mogul revealed to AllHipHop.com. "And then when we started discussing it a few months ago, the timing of it was just really perfect. "We always talked about it, but the timing was never really right," Rifkind continued, citing recently released "great albums" from Ghostface Killah (Fishscale, More Fish) and Method Man (4:21... The Day After) as signs of the Clan’s imminent return to form.

While plans are solidified for one Wu-Tang album, Rifkind remained optimistic about future group releases. "We’re going to start with this one album and then let’s see where it all goes," Rifkind explained. "Everybody else has all their other careers. People are acting now. People are owning their own businesses. But it’s definitely one record."

Rifkind predicted that work will begin on the new album at the beginning of 2007 with a release date for later in the year. A major tour will also follow, he added. As for Wu-Tang’s mindstate going into the project, Rifkind has good news for faithful fans. "The mind state is the 36," he shared, alluding to the title of the groups classic 1993 debut Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). "That’s what we’re bringing it back to," Rifkind said. "Listen to Ghost’s album, how amazing it is. Listen to Meth’s album. Listen to what Rae’s spitting now. It’s hot."

Wu-Tang is among the artists put on the public radar by Rifkind, who helped break Mobb Deep, Big Pun, Xzibit, Tha Alkaholiks, Lil Flip, dead prez and others. With SRC, the executive is ushering in a new line up of established artists such as Remy Ma, David Banner, Pharoahe Monch and Akon, who is enjoying the success of his latest album Konvicted. The release has currently sold more than 2 million copies worldwide. "We ended the year off strong, extremely strong," said Rifkind. "When you focus on breaking acts, which we specialize in doing, that’s what were going to do. We’re expecting an incredible year from Remy next year, an incredible year from Banner. More carryover of Akon. We have this kid Topic out on the West Coast that’s incredible. Young Cash out of Tallahassee, Fla. I mean we’re really, really excited. Pharoahe Monch. We’re extremely excited of the releases we have next year."

Rifkind founded Loud Records in 1992 and released the Wu-Tang Clans breakthrough album, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). The group also crafted a groundbreaking deal under Rifkinds watch, which allowed each member to record seperate solo albums on other labels. The result was a slew of classic albums from Wu-Tang Clan members Method Man, RZA, GZA, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Ol Dirty Bastard, Inspectah Deck, U-God and Masta Killah.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Eh................. not really suped. Ive been disappointed by wu in the last few years.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Meh.

Go Knicks.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
so wait...you think that 36 Chambers is better than Forever? Maybe the beats were better, but lyrically you cannot even compare the 2 albums. Every single one of them got better on Forever. I just hope they do what they've been doing. Wu-Tang BITCH!

the beats our banannas on forever to and everybody gcam harder lyrically meth wuz pullin some shyt out and deck ...well wuz deck crazy as usual..

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Eh................. not really suped. Ive been disappointed by wu in the last few years.

100% AGREE Aside from Ghost i dont even check for Wu no more, seriously Meth w CD was Blah, and So was the new INSpecta Deck Joint, cuban Linx 2 wtf is it eva dropping = (busta exc producer. WACK!!!!!)

I loved them dudes but together not looking for it, shit the 9milli bros on fishscale was my least fav son on the cd.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
yo 36 was the shit i like that album always will they came out hard grimey lyrical you tryin to tell me protect your neck cream can't it be all so simple tearz wasn't lyrical?? and where did i type that 36 was better? anyway if they don't come with a cd i can listen to all the way thru like the 36 chambers then 4get it even tho i have bought every rekease

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Well....

Wu did disappoint me with "iron flag"

I don't think the album will be good in my opinion..

Each emcee is past his prime...

And they won't get much play on the radio either...Unless Lil Jon does a song with them.....lol.....

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Well....

Wu did disappoint me with "iron flag"

I don't think the album will be good in my opinion..

Each emcee is past his prime...

And they won't get much play on the radio either...Unless Lil Jon does a song with them.....lol.....

I agree with everything he said...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
passed there prime? I didnt think someone's prime can exist in hip hop. But most of em are still nice. But I do believe the album will be a let down...UNLESS, they stick to the basic formulas they started with. Keep Busta and Dre away from that shit and do what made ya, feel me?

on another note, ever notice on "Wu Gambinos" rae says, "La Costra Nostra" in a spanish accent...Why? For those who want to know what I mean, it's "Coza Nostra" and it's Italian.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
yea i heard that shyt and it wuz ass man i felt car sick