New WAr in hip hop?!

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
THis idea sparked in my mind when I read the post called THE NEW FIRM? Well its obvious that Nas and Jay-Z have been conducting business together and Foxy is workin with Jigga again. I haven't heard anything about Jada affiliating with the aforementioned but I'm in Texas so I'm not up there rubbing elbow getting the low down on everything. But I do think Jigga has the hindsight to see that 50 pennies is tipping the scale right now by signing all these cats. I don't care for 50's perspective, personality, or lack of respect for the rap game, but he does know how to get that dough and SOMEtimes they do make some shits thats bangin(only one I really care for is Young Buck,maybe bcuz I'm a southern nigga). But based on Nas(sidebar-Illmatic's the best cd ever!) and Jada's recent beef and Jigga's past beef with 50, don't u think this sets up the war of commercialized rap that sells vs. the real heart of the movement lets save hip-hop before we lose it alltogether to eminem, jimmy iovine and the machine?! It feels that way to me, and I didn't care for the east coast vs. west coast battle bcuz it gave our music a black eye in the public eye. But damnit this is one war I'm ready to sign up for, and I say fuck the "don't air your dirty laundry in public" mentality. I want Jimmy Iovine and the machine to be halted. I know he's making money off of this and all, but I don't even think Dr. Dre cares for what 50 Cent has become. I just get that vibe by what's said and whats not said if you feel me. That's my piece, editorial, what ever?! shit just holla back--

Last edited:

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
50's just getinn way too cocky. But with enough money, I guess you can afford to be. I dont, too much, care for his recent actions and choices. but both him and jay are making money, and I gotta respect that

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
u made some valid points,,,i think that would be frsh,,,specially since this will bring Em in it eventually. And then, shit will be crazy,,,Jay and nas goin at Em and Fifty,,,that would be ill. And I dont mean on the violent tip,,,,i;m sayin keep shit lyrical,,,very good for hip hop actually

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^^Dr. Dre: "I created a moooooonsterrrrrr!!!!"

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
That would be a lopsided battle. 50 is too weak lyrically to go up against Jay or Nas. Em would have to do all the work.
ONE

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
O-H-TEN said:
That would be a lopsided battle. 50 is too weak lyrically to go up against Jay or Nas. Em would have to do all the work.
ONE
He"d have people ghostwrite for him... he got the money (lol)

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
50's just getinn way too cocky. But with enough money, I guess you can afford to be. I dont, too much, care for his recent actions and choices. but both him and jay are making money, and I gotta respect that

while i agree that their business skills deserve respect, having cash does not and never will buy you the rights to be disrespectful to the rap game. nor does it buy someone the right to be cocky...50 makes bank but he's a little schoolgirl compared to nas, jay and plenty of other rappers, mainstream and underground, when it comes to lyrical skill...the only thing that gets him money is marketing of his image by him and record companies.

i dont think this is what you're saying but the whole "hes got money so he must be good" arguement is complete bullshit because it doesnt take into acount what he's good at and too many people think its because he is an amazing lyricist (which, like/admit it or not, is the heart of being an mc and i seriously doubt that it can be argued) when in reality he is better at being a salesman...

you can tell that 50 used to be hungry and has worked his ass off to get where he was but for what? it comes through in the music. who do you think constantly lives and breathes hip hop? uses it to communicate views on issues other than whether or not a ho puts her back into it? who is freestyling to themselves constantly in the shower, while eating etc? someone like 50 or someone like nas?

catch my drift?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea this would be gd to see hopefully it will bring eminem back to his best and people write 50 cent off he has more lyrical ability than people give him credit for it woznt allways in da club and candy shop his old cd's are pretty gd he managed to diss half the industry with how to rob etc ! not saying his nas or jay-z but hes not as bad as people make out ! it would be a gd battle for sure ! and its not guna end with just those ppl being involved

A

_A.K_

THIS NIS SOOOO OLD@!!!! i readthis last month at allhiphop.com... chek ur info son

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
50 couldnt give a shit about rap skills. he just uses it as an outlet to diss, boast or whatever.

50s the type of dude who will soon get bored of rap - he probably already has as he wants to produce and star in movies etc...

whereas people like Biggie - its in them, b.i.g would of rapped forever.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Rhythmikal said:
whereas people like Biggie - its in them, b.i.g would of rapped forever.

i dont think so man,,,he was young,,,he prolly would have tried another outlet,,,nuttin wrong wit that either,,but I think he would of died from obesity if he wasn't murdered,,,he was at the point that he had a hard time breathin,,,1
back to topic,,,50 aint in the class mentioned here, but a war would be good,,,

,,and even if its old news,,,who cares,,,it needs to happen

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
but I think he would of died from obesity if he wasn't murdered

thats interestin, do you think it was that bad? i mean you wouldnt call him skinny, but was he the size that can kill? he definately wasnt as big as Pun.

T

The Bastard

Rhythmikal said:
thats interestin, do you think it was that bad? i mean you wouldnt call him skinny, but was he the size that can kill? he definately wasnt as big as Pun.
def not as big as pun. he wasnt gettin any thinner tho, plus u cant fix the years of abuse you give to you heart by eating bad food.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
...and I don't think war is the term that really should apply, but if I'm the CEO of one of the most prominent labels in the history of hip-hop, I'm gonna take notice if someone is stacking the deck, and 50 is definitely doin that, and I have to counter if I want to be on top, and I know Jigga is smart enough to notice that. As much as I like Jay-Z, he never really showed he was that good of a talent scout, whether it was Dame or Jay signing the acts, everyone knows he pretty much carried the Roc on his shoulders till Kanye came and helped out. 50 is signing the right people. I was pissed as fuck when he signed Mobb and MOP bcuz I luv them catz music but just don't care for 50's persona. He has never showed he gave a damn about helpin anyone else out. Its like lets glorify the gangsta character to the fullest as long as it stacks my bank account. He never shows any balance to the bad guy in any of his music. Artist like Pac and T.I. always give the pros and cons of the street life, so these kids don't get it twisted as to what it entails. And for all these prominent artist to be under the umbrella of this I don't give a fuck,'say Hi to the bad guy' isn't good to me. I hope he proves me wrong.

-true BLu

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
i dont think so man,,,he was young,,,he prolly would have tried another outlet,,,nuttin wrong wit that either,,but I think he would of died from obesity if he wasn't murdered,,,he was at the point that he had a hard time breathin,,,1
back to topic,,,50 aint in the class mentioned here, but a war would be good,,,

,,and even if its old news,,,who cares,,,it needs to happen

yo why you always tryin to diss BIG....he wasn't a health risk....

oh and by the way.....FUCK 50....
he's garbage....point blank period....end of story...
he get money.....BIG FUCKIN DEAL....so does Will Smith...is he nice?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
StressWon said:
but I think he would of died from obesity if he wasn't murdered,,,he was at the point that he had a hard time breathin,,,

he wasn't like big pun at least. listen to big pun's breath in his raps. it kinda sounds like someone snoring.

and don't diss fresh prince man ;P

B

Burna

for 1: Biggie in my eyes was the King of Hip-Hop. Of couse i stay up in NY, so he was all over the place. Especially he's old school hotness "Gimme' The Loot", "My Bitch", "Notorious Thugz", etc. I could go on for days. Now, back to the "war". Honestly 50 cents, couldn't even begin to have a chance, ya he "HAD" some hits. Then there was the factor of "did he actually write them", and "how many of these songs, did EM. right for him". Even, if that factor is excluded Fifty Cent has SOME skills, but it's to much of an egomaniac to perform anything tha t actually could come anywhere near making since in my eyes. He's to hot headed, "AYE NIGGA I GOT SHOT 9 TIMES AND LIVED". So? that makes you stupid for runnin' ya mouth. Walk around in Brooklyn, ask some cats i know how many times they've been shot, why are they still alive? As far as The Hoova, and Nas. Hoova and Nas would lyrically crush 50, and Eminem. Ya, Em. does have skills, he has made a statement in the game. But, how long has Hoov
a, and Nas been doing this?

members online