Need new pc!

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 144
Just was wondering if anyone has some recommendations on a computer pre build
? I’m trying to livestream and make beats with no issues. Thanks currently I make beats on my Mpc one, but I have been wanting a new pc for awhile. The one I use gets the job done, but it’s not what is needed for music production. It’s a all in one pc. Very slow!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Is @Wesbeats it Dell, HP, etc. and what year/model? Consider a refurb Mac perhaps?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
For making music i-5 would do great as has great clock speed.

You'd want ti be going for Intel's flagship chips like the

I'm not too clued up regarding live-streaming, have a read up on what you need for that. It might need/benefit from having something with more cores like the i7 or i9.

If you're getting either of Intel's last 2 generation of chips you can get DDR 5 RAM (i can't remember recommended speed for these.)

If you're getting earlier gen chips with DDR4 ram, aim to get RAM that has speed of 3600 or at worst 3200.

16-32GB of ram should be efficient for your music making tasks, but for live streaming as well, I'm not sure.

I don't know if live streaming has the same demands as video editing, if it does (or if you planon vid editing too), then you'll definitely want a chip with more cores and good amount of RAM. And also a decebt graphics card (soon plugins will be able to use the graphics card for processing too.)

Hope any of this is useful to you.

Love

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Is @Wesbeats it Dell, HP, etc. and what year/model? Consider a refurb Mac perha

For making music i-5 would do great as has great clock speed.

You'd want ti be going for Intel's flagship chips like the

I'm not too clued up regarding live-streaming, have a read up on what you need for that. It might need/benefit from having something with more cores like the i7 or i9.

If you're getting either of Intel's last 2 generation of chips you can get DDR 5 RAM (i can't remember recommended speed for these.)

If you're getting earlier gen chips with DDR4 ram, aim to get RAM that has speed of 3600 or at worst 3200.

16-32GB of ram should be efficient for your music making tasks, but for live streaming as well, I'm not sure.

I don't know if live streaming has the same demands as video editing, if it does (or if you planon vid editing too), then you'll definitely want a chip with more cores and good amount of RAM. And also a decebt graphics card (soon plugins will be able to use the graphics card for processing too.)

Hope any of this is useful to you.

Love
thank you so much. yea it def is helpful. I do actually plan on video editing too. I can make beats and get the job done on this computer, but I when it comes to running multiple things at once or loading plugins I have issues. all in all is just a slow trash computer lol

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Lenovo is former IBM and is one of the better manufacturers. Avoid HP right now, their quality control has been slipping. Dell is doing well these days. You will always get better performance on a desktop, so if you don’t need the portability go there. Fl studio runs better on windows than Mac, so I would go windows. Get as much ram as you can afford and some fast ssd drives to go with it.

Ive heard good things about Lenovo fron repair techs regarding reliability. Not so much for Asus.

Id say get the new computer for production and video editing, id recommend an i7 or i9 or ryzen 7 or 9 with 16gb ram. I wouldnt go with the i5 just to squeeze a bit more long term use of the computer. I went with a Ryzen 9 laptop with 16gb ram, I havent hit any limits yet but have had to change both fans after spilling a cup of coffee on it. You can use the old computer as a dedicated streaming pc to take that workload off of the production pc.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
thank you so much. yea it def is helpful. I do actually plan on video editing too. I can make beats and get the job done on this computer, but I when it comes to running multiple things at once or loading plugins I have issues. all in all is just a slow trash computer lol
Bro my computer is less powerful than my phone (i believe), and probably scraping at or under my DAWs minimum requirements.

But I'm still out here dropping heat. My point is, I feel your pain!

if you plan on doing 'loads of things at once', and depending how hard you gon' be pushing those things, then it probably makes sense to look more at a i7 or i9 as they have more cores. Video editing stuff, or 3d stuff is notoriously taxing on a comp, so will serve you well to take the route mentioned.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Bro my computer is less powerful than my phone (i believe), and probably scraping at or under my DAWs minimum requirements.

But I'm still out here dropping heat. My point is, I feel your pain!

if you plan on doing 'loads of things at once', and depending how hard you gon' be pushing those things, then it probably makes sense to look more at a i7 or i9 as they have more cores. Video editing stuff, or 3d stuff is notoriously taxing on a comp, so will serve you well to take the route mentioned.
I'm not complaining. I've been using what I have for awhile now. Just ready for something better forgive me for my ignorance because when it comes to the specs on computers . I cant tell you shit I just wanna make beats..
all love thanks for your help

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Ive heard good things about Lenovo fron repair techs regarding reliability. Not so much for Asus.

Id say get the new computer for production and video editing, id recommend an i7 or i9 or ryzen 7 or 9 with 16gb ram. I wouldnt go with the i5 just to squeeze a bit more long term use of the computer. I went with a Ryzen 9 laptop with 16gb ram, I havent hit any limits yet but have had to change both fans after spilling a cup of coffee on it. You can use the old computer as a dedicated streaming pc to take that workload off of the production pc.
i think im goin with i9 or the i7 thanks..yea not getting rid of this computer ..i lost a macbook pro due to drink spilling smh lol

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Man @MacBook Pro is awesome for DAWs and vid editing. Find a mid-2015 refurb.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Man @MacBook Pro is awesome for DAWs and vid editing. Find a mid-2015 refurb.
You know I’m an apple guy, but his main DAW is fl studio. It just doesnt work as well on macs as it does on PC. I wasn’t even available on Mac until 3-4 years ago. In this case I think Windows is the way to go.

members online