Need help

H

hiphatter

I bought a new laptop because of school and because I got tired of fixing my stupid pc. Problem is I cannot operate like I did with my pc because my toshiba satellite laptop will not allow me to sample from cd's to NN-xt in reason. The response I get when attempting to load a sample into Acid Pro says I have no cd player but how can this be when I have a DVD rom? Someone please help.

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
my toshiba satellite laptop will not allow me to sample from cd's to NN-xt in reason.

You can't sample directly into the NN-XT.... you can only load samples through the internal menu in the NN-XT. If you have samples from a cd that you can't get to.... that's a whole different story.

when attempting to load a sample into Acid Pro says I have no cd player but how can this be when I have a DVD rom? Someone please help.

If you have a cd that is intended for a specific sampler like the MPC or is an image of an expansion pack from a retail company that was intended for a different program.... then you will have to do some conversion before you have access to the samples without the original, intended product....

For example, if you have the Akai World Instruments cd and you were to try and open it to sample into Reason.... you would first have to use ReLoad to convert the discs partitions to something that Reason can use. If you had a cd that you bought for Gigasampler, you would need a program like Chiken Sys Translator to convert them to a format Reason could use... etc, etc....

Let us know exactly what kind of sample cd you've got and that'll be the first step.

members online