need help (BMP)

I use acid pro to get all my tempos. Sometimes to get them spot on, I even layer the original track over the pella and then adjust the original bpm on the pella till it sits perfectly on the original.
A nice phase effect tells you they are very very close as does the visual look too.
Once thats done I drop out the original, then rewire reason into acid and proceed to remix.

Having a long wav file imported into reason whole and then trying to match the beat is very hard, especially when you havent set the right hit point on the pella.
The hit point being the start of the verse, so you can match the beat to it.
The best way would be to get a copy of the original song, then tap out the rythm to it using the tool posted above. This isnt always fool proof, as pellas tempos can be different from the original, depending on how it was recorded to wav. Listening to the original is the best way to hear how it should sound, before you try remixing it.
If you are going to use just reason and not rewire, then I suggest you chop the pella into smaller peices say...
intro,
verse,
hook,
verse,
hook,
verse etc.
smaller peices are easier to get the timing right with.
trying to acheive what you are doing in reason can be awkward..

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Reason is horrible for remixes. This coming from a Reason user.

That being said, cut a clean 2 bar section of the song out, then loop it in reason, then adjust your tempo until it loops perfectly. No stops, no skips. A clean loop. That'll be your tempo.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
mono that link you gave me. what do i tap to. the drums and how long.

tap four times a bar, that would be on the snare every second tap you make. you should get the approx. bpm after three or four bars. you can then use a wave editor with a multitracker and time bar like cool edit/adobe audition to make exact adjustments. just cut out 16 bars, put them in the multi tracker and see if the snare still fits the grid on the later bars.

alternatively you could use mix meister free bpm analyzer (for the lazy) :p
http://www.mixmeister.com/bpmanalyzer/bpmanalyzer.asp