Myspace is watching....

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
"audio fingerprinting".... wack.. I hope they dont target any of my songs cuz i used some industry instrumentals for "How to Rap".

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I know some artists that have gone to more reputable studios with their projects and they have some software like that before they duplicate your cd...
on another note
The handwriting is on the wall, I remember mp3.com in the beginning....that was the demise, its hard to sustain a really good music website without 1. including some known music, 2 promoting indies along with major artists...or you got a lot of junk artists like on soundclick and trust me with the hugeness of myspace this is going to cascade over to soundclick..... its a matter of time before the site becomes completely pay or subscription based or you have some watering down of what you can post and do....
I joined up in 2004 and there werent a lot of people on it (at least not 74million)and another producer I know in the industry told me about it, but after the majors started buying into the site thats what happened, oh and as a sidenote there was a local artist I know that is in my top list that was contacted by some legal heads representing a label and nicely told to take the music down backed up with some pretty convincing contacts, she used a mixtape song on her myspace page...an instrumental and rapped over it...myspace would be liable for broadcasting music that is copyrwitten and not licensed, so they pass this on to you in the small print.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^And then publish them on myspace...It would appear not...I cant see how this is good for the artists though.I mean for the majors ok I see how the company is effected and why they would want this but I mean this is how hiphop started essentially, by mixin records or in this case mp3s with different accepellas. Maybe this in someway a response to all the home studios that have cropped up..

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
^^^
Hell yeah! The new revolution won't be televised; it will be produced in the home studio.
The majors are scrambling to keep their choke hold on the music industry.
F*%K 'em all I say.
ONE

members online