My first meeting with Jay-Z!

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Ok so I had the day off, chillin, not much goin on at the studio. Was planning on recording with Fabolous later on in the evening. He hit me and said he's got a meeting with Jay-Z about the new album and would be over to record after the meeting. Then an hour before the meeting starts my boss Duro hits me and says, I need you to meet me at Sony Studios with the Fab drive, you're gonna be playing the songs for Jay. WOW, how unexpected. I jump in a cab, get the drive from the studio and head over to Sony. I met up with Fab in the lobby and we head in. Jay-Z, Bleek, and Young Guru were in the room. We all shook each others hands and sat down. We talked for a bit while we were waiting for the rest of the people involved in the meeting. Once everyone was there, I set up the drive and went through all the tracks weve recorded. I started playin Jay the songs for an hour. then we just chilled watching the Yankee game for an hour. Some people came and went including Swizz Beatz, Ta Ta and a few others, then we were ready to leave. The best part was leaving. I expected to just shake Jay's hand and he wouldnt say anything. But I shook his hand, and he said "yo, real good job tonite, it was nice to meet you". Then he pats me on the back as I leave.

It sounds corny as hell, but damn, that was the highlight of my career right there. It means a lot when someone who I grew up listening to, and admire so much, to respect me as a colleague, and not just a fan. I will never forget that moment. I'm sure we'll meet again in the future, but damn it feels good to get that first one out of the way!!

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Congrats. thats def. big news. glad to see your still doing your thing.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
It seems you have entered an elite Fraternity in the Hip Hop world, every name you mentioned, running into them in the same space and meeting means a lot and for him to give you the atta boy, you in there dude...just gotta produce what they want, give em what they need but your way at the same time though....congrats

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Respect due for real. Not just for gettin industry props...but for not forgettin where you came from. I like the fact that you take the time to fill ya Illmuzik fam in on what's goin on in your world. Stay up Swiv...

B

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
thats big news homie. you gonna be big. keep grindin

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well thats as high up the ladder as yur gonna get, nothing but latterel movement from there. good to hear you taking that hustle as far as you can.... ive lurked and kept up with your exploits, though i havent posted a hole lot in the last year.... gotta say im happy for you in the realest way. its just a matter of time now.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thats real right there. Stay grounded, keep your eyes open, and you have a big ass future ahead of you. goddamn its nice to see someone from the ill on the brink like this. you deserve it man, good work.