My first MAJOR production credit!!

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
What's good everyone. I been quiet here for a minute. Been grindin hard for the last little while. Got a whole bunch of upcoming joints with artists. I don't wanna speak too much on that just yet though.

My first beat placed with a major artist is finally available. It's on DJ Whoo Kid's latest Official BET Awards mixtape. The track is by Consequence and is called Couped Up. It's track #25 on the mixtape available at mixtapekings.com

http://www.mixtapekings.com/hiphop/djs/dj_whoo_kid-bet_awards_06.asp

It was a great experience, and wasn't just a make the beat, get cd to artist, and hope it turns out great. I produced the song recorded all the vocals as well as the live bass, produced the vocals on the bridge, helped write the hook, helped mix it, and got the final mix done from my boss Duro, argueably the best mix engineer in the urban industry.

The song also features a singer by the name of Chris Styles, as well as a few ad libs from Tony Williams, best known for his vocals on the Kanye West songs Spaceship, and We Major.

We're starting with the mixtape rounds right now. Mixshow radio. Whoo Kid is the first to blast it off, then aparently Enuff, Khaled, and Clinton Sparks will be blasting it off as well on upcoming mixtapes, and of course their radio shows. It's a summer song for the NY croud, and is basically going to be the street single to his upcoming album which has a release date of Sept 17th, I've just been told.

The song will also be available to listen to on my music myspace page later tonite! The link is www.myspace.com/djswivelmusic

So everyone go add me, tell your friends to add me, throw me in the Top 8, and help promo the song as much as you can!! Any help would be appreciated!! Also, be sure to post feedback on my page!!! Thanks ILLFAM!

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn man, congratulations.

just listened to the track, and that beat is nice! the whole track came out sick as hell.

thats a hella nice first major track bro, hopefully itll lead to some more ins in future.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
djswivel said:
What's good everyone. I been quiet here for a minute. Been grindin hard for the last little while. Got a whole bunch of upcoming joints with artists. I don't wanna speak too much on that just yet though.

My first beat placed with a major artist is finally available. It's on DJ Whoo Kid's latest Official BET Awards mixtape. The track is by Consequence and is called Couped Up. It's track #25 on the mixtape available at mixtapekings.com

http://www.mixtapekings.com/hiphop/djs/dj_whoo_kid-bet_awards_06.asp

It was a great experience, and wasn't just a make the beat, get cd to artist, and hope it turns out great. I produced the song recorded all the vocals as well as the live bass, produced the vocals on the bridge, helped write the hook, helped mix it, and got the final mix done from my boss Duro, argueably the best mix engineer in the urban industry.

The song also features a singer by the name of Chris Styles, as well as a few ad libs from Tony Williams, best known for his vocals on the Kanye West songs Spaceship, and We Major.

We're starting with the mixtape rounds right now. Mixshow radio. Whoo Kid is the first to blast it off, then aparently Enuff, Khaled, and Clinton Sparks will be blasting it off as well on upcoming mixtapes, and of course their radio shows. It's a summer song for the NY croud, and is basically going to be the street single to his upcoming album which has a release date of Sept 17th, I've just been told.

The song will also be available to listen to on my music myspace page later tonite! The link is www.myspace.com/djswivelmusic

So everyone go add me, tell your friends to add me, throw me in the Top 8, and help promo the song as much as you can!! Any help would be appreciated!! Also, be sure to post feedback on my page!!! Thanks ILLFAM!

It's funny, because of the people you're working with, the average up-and-coming producer thinks you've already "made it", but I know that your career is just beginning and you were very fortunate to start off getting your foot in the right door. Hustle those beats my man, and good luck with the placement, your future is bright.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
YOOOOO!!!!! That's dope man. Consequence is a good mc! That track is hot too, keep em comin. Is this going to be on his album?? I recently eard that track Grammy Family with him and Kanye, shit was nice... Hope to hear more from you and other artists.... Good Luck!

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
yo thats whats up homie. that track is hot as shit too. congrats and good luck to you for the rest of your career

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
YOOOOO!!!!! That's dope man. Consequence is a good mc! That track is hot too, keep em comin. Is this going to be on his album?? I recently eard that track Grammy Family with him and Kanye, shit was nice... Hope to hear more from you and other artists.... Good Luck!

As far as the album. I'm hopin to get it on there as a bonus track. We had to get this track out early for the summer, basically as a buzz joint. So right now its just on my myspace, but there should be some solid promo starting in the next couple weeks. I guess right now its up to Kanye if it makes the album. If it gets a lot of love on mixshow radio and the mixtapes, then I don't see why it wouldnt make the album. I'm on the fence because when we recorded this, his album was basically done and just needed to be mixed. So there was never a slot for this song. I guess we'll find out Sept 17th when the album drops!