MPD + FPC + Edison Chops = HELP!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
What up Illfam, it's your friendly neighborhood pothead. Listen, went back to fl studio and I need some input. I have been using Edison (love it) to do my chops. Once I have my chop, I create a new sampler of it, then time stretch it to match my BPM. What I tried to do was, once I have that chop matched to my BPM, drag it to my FPC. But once its in the FPC, it is no longer stretched and reverts back to the original state. Is there a way to take the time stretched sample and keep its stretched properties while dragged into the FPC?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Whats FPC?

Edit: nevermind it doesn't matter...What you can do is save the sample as a .wav then take it over to your FPC.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Once you've modified it in Edison and dragged it over to your Pattern Window, click on the samples tab to open your Channel Settings window. Then go down to the waveform (at the bottom of that same window) right click and choose Save as...by default it will save that stretched/modified sample in your Sliced Beats folder. To get to it, goto C/Program Files/Image Line/FL Studio/Data/Patches/Sliced Beats or change the location of where you want to save it.

Ferret

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
when i use the fpc i use the pitch knob next to the vocal waves, its the third one over. If you put the pitch up or down it speeds it up or slows it down. Then I listen for the right tempo. idk if that helps but thats how i try to timestretch on the fpc

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
when i use the fpc i use the pitch knob next to the vocal waves, its the third one over. If you put the pitch up or down it speeds it up or slows it down. Then I listen for the right tempo. idk if that helps but thats how i try to timestretch on the fpc

I do that sometimes, but when i take my edison chops, I stretch it out to match the BPM. Maybe I will start going by pitch

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
dude...

FL10 steelo...

Select audio -> drag button -> drag to track in playlist -> double click the audioclip and set time/fix. The selected audio gains its own properties thus you can edit each instance you drag to the playlist.

I cant test for FL9, sheer awesomeness rendered it obsolete...but, i assume it would work the same when you create an audio track in FL9 and drag it there.

nvm, forgot the fpc part..that wont work indeed.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
dude...

FL10 steelo...

Select audio -> drag button -> drag to track in playlist -> double click the audioclip and set time/fix. The selected audio gains its own properties thus you can edit each instance you drag to the playlist.

I cant test for FL9, sheer awesomeness rendered it obsolete...but, i assume it would work the same when you create an audio track in FL9 and drag it there.

nvm, forgot the fpc part..that wont work indeed.

yes, thats what I was doing but without the FPC. I'm wondering if I can drag the edison cut intro the FPC after I change the time stretch,,,,hmmmm

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
can u time stretch in edison? i always have to chop out loops and time stretch them in the channel settings.... and it takes forever especiaally since the patterns only go to 4 bars

edison is nice but its also kinda restricting, i'd normaly use soundforge to chop samples neatly then drag em into a channel.

With FL10 you can also just place any material you want to sample from in a track. Then click the part of the clip where nametag is and use the chop function there, this also works pretty good. You can then make the chops unique and stretch each one seperatly from the rest.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
yes, thats what I was doing but without the FPC. I'm wondering if I can drag the edison cut intro the FPC after I change the time stretch,,,,hmmmm

Its not going to work, fpc stupidly enough doesnt eat drag n drop..it needs to load a file into memory while the core of the platform supports streaming from disk. It's kind of a no brainer to see this in future updates.

Come to think of it, i dont think there is any sampler around that gives timestretch on each assigned sample.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Roland SP404 can not only time stretch each sample, you can assign different effects to each sample as well...and on top of that....you can set how each sample responds to a hit of the pad, play as long as you hold it, play the entire sample on just a touch, or loop play it. Thats the baby sampler, imagine what the MV can do =).

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
can u time stretch in edison? i always have to chop out loops and time stretch them in the channel settings.... and it takes forever especiaally since the patterns only go to 4 bars

even if you could time stretch in edison, it woudn't be very practical when you would have to hit the play button in edison and the play button of your project at the same time to test them...lol.

FL will draw a 4 bar pattern marker by default, and up to 16 bars long, but the pattern can be as long as you've got RAM to support it. The advantage of chopping your samples up in smaller pieces helps keep your timing right...in other words..it's alot easier to get your timing right if you chop vocals in 8 bar segments than it would be for 16 bar segments.

Possible solution...I don't know how you build your songs but I always pick and set my bpm's first. Next I chop a 2 bar section (8 counts) out of the sample with edison and drag it over to my pattern wiindow. I open the channel setting window for that 2 bar section and match the bpm's up. Then I right click on that same 2 bar section tab and choose clone and it will make an exact duplicate right under it. That duplicate holds the same channel setting values as the original. Then grab your next sample out of edison and drop it on the duplicate that you made and presto! you don't have to timestretch it because it kept your channel settings from the original (eventhough you just changed the sample). Repeat as many times as you wish...(but remember if you change or add anything in your channel settings, when you clone the sample, it will clone the changes as well). I'll do a full tutorial on that when I get back up.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^ dac, i meant software sampler lol None of them work like that, if so, then each assigned sample in exs24 or something else has its own stretch parameter. Like if you make a group on the sp404 and each sample assigned to note# could be timestretched individualy, or even chromaticaly scaled samples would have each note its own stretch parameter.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
^^^ dac, i meant software sampler lol None of them work like that, if so, then each assigned sample in exs24 or something else has its own stretch parameter. Like if you make a group on the sp404 and each sample assigned to note# could be timestretched individualy, or even chromaticaly scaled samples would have each note its own stretch parameter.

oh! ok...you know I'm old school...lol.

@Stress - I don't think it's possible without saving it first but we've already been over that. I have a really good source that I will ask though, just to make sure =).

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
lol....

Attachments

• festo-fpc202-b.jpg
    festo-fpc202-b.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 347