Mpc500

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
such a rip off...the thing is 700 and you can get a 1000 on ebay for the same price...man u can even find used 2000s for that price if you look hard. save your money.

if you're looking for new gear in that range, check out the roland mc909. most underrated machine out there right now.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Actually, a lot of cats have been copping it for aobut 600 - it's invaluable for traveling producers.

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
or commuting producers. to me I think the 500 is best for cats who already have an MPC in the lab but move around a lot.

I agree, not to say cats can't flip tracks on it. But if you don't own a mpc, i'd go for at least the 2kxl for maybe 5 or 6 hundred dollars more. (Used on ebay) You have more options. Slice, blah, blah, blah, etc., etc...But you know what, it's all on what you're comfortable with and what you're willing to spend...

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Actually, it's not 5-600 more, a used MPC2000XL will run you about the same amount as a new MPC500.

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
Actually, it's not 5-600 more, a used MPC2000XL will run you about the same amount as a new MPC500.

Actually a used 2kxl price may vary depending on the seller. But you are right in most cases. (My bad)

CHARLIEPLATNUM

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
if you're looking for new gear in that range, check out the roland mc909. most underrated machine out there right now.

I Agree totaly...I used it soley for almost a year. I disagree with the 500 not being worth it though......It is definitely worth it if you have a 1000 or a 2500 for your main MPC and don't want to travel with it....what ever you create on the road, you can just move it to the larger MPC when you get back.........No Ideas lost.....The main selling points for me are batterey powered, and the fact that it sounds no different from my 1000 or a 2500.....and the sequencer is just as tight. Guitar Center's have dropped the price...I was told I could get one for $550 if I wanted.