MPC2000xl Vs Maschine, some quick thoughts for those curious.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I like NI's support...

I really enjoy my Maschine...... I went to FL Studio the other day..... I must say that placing sounds into the piano roll via mouse SUCKS.

I will admit that I can put a beat together in FL quicker than Maschine.......But I will say that what I do in Maschine ultimately comes out better overall...

Nice little breakdown, DP...

I will add this... Maschine would suck if there was no VST support and I would never get it if it didn't have VST support... I would've never purchased it.

cosign

FanRan

Posted about this in a another thread. Dream I agree with you about the chopping in maschine. So simple and easy. The choke group feature is a definite advantage over the 2000. But the drums are not as punchy in maschine as in the mp. Plus maschine has no track mute feature. weak. I usually only make one 8 or 16 bar loop in the MPC (minus an intro and outro of course) and mute the drums and other tracks from there. Makes putting together a beat very easy. Plus the swing on maschine is annoying to me. So used to swinging everything per track on the MPC. Bought the maschine a month ago and now I just sample the sounds from it into the MPC. My workflow is just too fast on the mp to give it up.

FanRan

Probably do need to read the manual more. was going at it without the manual. That's just how i learn things. Learned the 2000xl like that (My mpc never came with a manual). Will make some time to read about track mute and the swing settings. Just going off what i've learned so far. The MPC is my baby but maschine is fun to fuck around on.

members online

No members online now.