MPC SYNC Question

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
is it true that if you make the mpc the slave and your daw the master for MIDI sync, you basically lose the tightness and swing of the mpc's sequencer for whatever you're tracking into your daw (drums in my case)?

what i mean is, the only thing i use the Mp for is for drums, i do all my instruments/composition in logic. i want to sequence drums on the mp and then track them into logic, but if i make logic the master (apparently logic really bugs out when its made a MIDI slave to another sequencer), will i lose that great timing of the MPC on playback/tracking?

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
found out the answer...if you're using MTC, you can slave or master the mpc without losing its feel. If you use beat clock or midi clock, slaving the mpc will kill the swing.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Well here is the trick, if you recorded the drum pattern or anything else directly to the MPC sequencer....you got mpc timing, swing and the whole 9 translated accurately, when it comes to dumping your sync and midi clock generated by protools or other DAW should not affect one single thing, all you are using the sync and clock for are to send the signal to your mpc to playback what you have already recorded to the MPC's sequencer in midi.

i have done tons of work with protools, the mpc and it prints exactly as I played it in those instances when i make my pattern on the MPC.

What would be true in your explanation though is if you slave the mpc and then only use it as the sound generator, and record the pattern and composition to the external midi sequencer (protools or cubase midi)all of your drums or instruments, so in essence you are not even using the MPC as a sequencer just sound generator.

members online