MPC 2000xl: assign sample to pads

O

ol'boy

Ive always took and edited samples in Sound Forge and then saved them to floppy and loaded them. Now I just took a sample in the MPC, sliced it into three zones but now I cant figure out how to load those to the pads.
I guess I could save them to the floppy and load them, but I know there has to be a faster way.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
press shift 6 press a pad use the dial to toggle trough your samples choose the pad you want each sound in..or when you sample after your sample is done hit a pad and it will assign it there

O

ol'boy

inrctyhoodmusic- i really dont understand what your saying at all. After I press shift 6 nothing happens when I press a pad and there is nothing to toggle thru.

Mr messenger- I guess I should of mentioned this but I dont want to create a new program after I slice and thats all pg. 108 mentions.

All I need to know is after I take a sample and trimmed it how do I load it to the pads.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
shit 6 is how you get to the program ..if you have an mpc you should know how to use it if you don't understand what I'm sying then you should sell your mpc

O

ol'boy

Hey jerk off. How did you get the idea that I didnt know how to load a sample? Maybe because I posted a question asking for help you idiot. So when you get an MPC it automatically comes with the knowledge you need to know to use it. Damn I guess they didnt send me that shit. What is it in a pill form or is it some magic potion that you drink and you automatically know how to use it?
You need to work on your mastery of the english language and sentence structure before you start baggin on dudes askin for help with their sampler.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
ol'boy, relax, no need for beef here. Inrcty was trying to help and even though he shouldn't have told you to sell your MPC, there's no need for the name-calling, we're all here to help one another.

O

ol'boy

I thought thats what we were all here for too.
Dont start none wont be none, its as simple as that.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
here how it is....

you have 2 first have a sound or sounds in the trim page...

after you have trimmed the sample 2 the start point and end point...

jus simply

press shift 6...
press the drum1 which is f1
then hit the pad you want a smaple 2 be assigned 2 ( for instance hit the bottom left pad)

you will see it say off or no sound... i forget.. i think it off
move the arrow down.. till that highlited.. and move it to the right...
you will now see the sounds on your trim page...

which is whateva you sample or loaded into the mpc...

O

ol'boy

MUCKA.....................you my muthafucka.
Now why aint that shit in the manual or is it just that my dumb ass cant find it?
For real, thanks alot man. If I have any more questions I might have to PM or e-mail you man cuz you seem like you know wht your doing.
I seen your set-up in another post too bro, that shits bannanas.
Good lookin out.

members online