M-Audio MobilePre USB

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I just bought this with a MXL990 condensor mic. I installed the drivers and everything specified to my computer via USB. and i set all my outputs to go out of the MobilePre. I hear sounds when i first turn on my computer, but after I open up a recording program or something that actually utilizes the interface, all sound stops. and I have yet been able to get my mic to record vocals to my computer. Any help?

sketch

ill o.g.
what are you using to record? i have the same thing and it works fine. if you want to hear sound then don't turn the outputs to the mobilepre unless you have your headphones hook up to it. plug the mic in the back make sure the phantom power button is pushed in and record! i use cool edit most of the time it is damn simple, if you use cool edit turn the phantom power on and at the top of cool edit go to optoions/ monitor record levels and test the mic! hope that helps if not hit me with the next question!

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
My mics hooked up. phantom powers on. my monitors are hooked up and i can hear sound comming out of em. but now i just cant get my mic input to transmit tothe computer. i dunno what the problem is.