Lost Time

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 22

Hey folks, hope all is good.

Well here goes nothing... this is my latest, and probably simpliest beat I've made.

Bear in mind that I have around 20 - 30 hours of experience in beatmaking. All in the span of 1 year and a half or around that.

Not trying to put excuses, just the truth.

I'm looking for honest feedback, negative included as long as it's for better development.

Thank you very much

This is very good, I cant believe you only have 30 hours experience, sorry, not buying that one.
From song structure, to progression to variation and then the mix, its professionally made.
Sounds like something Id make. Is it composed or sampled or a mix of both?

Last edited:

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Hey thanks for the feedback ! I won't lie, I was not expecting such positive stuff right off the bat... Maybe you're on something ??

Pinky swear that I have around 30 hours of experience at most. Swear it on my goddaughter and she's the most precious thing I have in this world...

As for the beat, the melody you hear in the first 30 second (piano mostly, up to the transition) is a sample yes but everything else is me.

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5

Hey folks, hope all is good.

Well here goes nothing... this is my latest, and probably simpliest beat I've made.

Bear in mind that I have around 20 - 30 hours of experience in beatmaking. All in the span of 1 year and a half or around that.

Not trying to put excuses, just the truth.

I'm looking for honest feedback, negative included as long as it's for better development.

Thank you very much
Very smooth beat. Are you playing any instruments?

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Very smooth beat. Are you playing any instruments?
Well I learned piano when I was around 8 years old but since I've lost it.

Gotta say I have "natural" ears in regards to music but I do not know anything about chords, or even Keys and stuff. I actually want to re-learn piano and bought myself a very cheap Alesis keyboard to start with.

My dad was a drummer, and I also always loved to hit the drums without any knowledge.
I also bought a cheap Alesis electronic drum and fiddle with it here and there.

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
So a lifetime of experience! you definately have an ear for it and i think some of the learning lingers in you even if not aware of it, like the vibe of this great on its its own but also a very sampleable track

members online