Logic and Reason Users Must Read!!!!

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I know you guys are gonna love this Ish right here!!!

Ok If you ever used Logic as your Host DAW and Reason Rewired you may have noticed that you always have too start recording at bar 4 because of the horible midi delay/lag during Beat between bars 1-4. After almost a year dealing with this I came across a funtion that enables you to record the audio from Reason into Logic with no recording delay. Its founded here Project Settings-->Sync Mode--> set sync mode to *MTC*. Now when MTC Sync is enable you will have very simular record funtions that pro tools does for example, to record you will have to hit the Record Button then hit Play to begin recording.

I will make a vido or something about this in the near future. If you have any questions hit me up.. Peace

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I know you guys are gonna love this Ish right here!!!

Ok If you ever used Logic as your Host DAW and Reason Rewired you may have noticed that you always have too start recording at bar 4 because of the horible midi delay/lag during Beat between bars 1-4. After almost a year dealing with this I came across a funtion that enables you to record the audio from Reason into Logic with no recording delay. Its founded here Project Settings-->Sync Mode--> set sync mode to *MTC*. Now when MTC Sync is enable you will have very simular record funtions that pro tools does for example, to record you will have to hit the Record Button then hit Play to begin recording.

I will make a vido or something about this in the near future. If you have any questions hit me up.. Peace

Hmmm... I've never had to do that before.. Never had that lag with that set-up... Although I have seen lots of people have MIDI doubling/phasing issues due to Logic's mildly inefficient MIDI buses...

I'd like to see your video when you do make it though...

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sorry about the grammar on the first post ppl my blackberry and I don't play nice with words. I got the video uploading right now

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Word. I am reluctant to upgrade because I still am only using like 60% of Reason and like 80% of Logic.

I would like to get a huge IMac and rock Logic on it. That was fun. I checked it out at the Apple Store.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yea man I never used reason 3.0 always had 4. But I know that reason 3.0 is just as good I think the Thor is the biggest diffrence. If you remember I had Logic express 8 and I upgraded to 9 to get more instrument presets but in terms of Stock sounds I use in logic I didn't get much more. I just lfo and adsr the hell out of the synths untill I get a sound I like. The flex time editing if great tho fam. My studio is pro tools based for now untill we intergrate logic but at home I use logic a lot more. I'm in a love hate relationship with pro tools 8 and Logic 9 lol. We can't use Pro tools 8 on our main console at the studio because we have an upgraded G4. Reason most def works better with PT. Hey I can't get this video to upload to youtube any other sites I can use.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hmmm... I've never had to do that before.. Never had that lag with that set-up... Although I have seen lots of people have MIDI doubling/phasing issues due to Logic's mildly inefficient MIDI buses...

I'd like to see your video when you do make it though...

Thats actually an easy fix what they are hearing in terms of midi doubling is they audio they record into logic and the midi data playing in reason at the same time. To fix it they have to either disable the aux channel strip that corresponds with the reason instruments or mute the midi data on the reason arrange window. This way all they will hear is the audio recorded in logic from reason. Ill do a video of that too

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Here is the video. I had to use a demo version of screenflow 2.0 to get it in HD I wasnt about to spend $100 lol. Dont mind the watermark

members online