Live Performance Using The Vocal Tracks On The Beat

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
whats da deal illmuzik fam.... yo i seen eminem on SNL last night... he did mosh and that corny joint go crazy(?)... anyways.. besides it being a pretty weak performance on both of them, i noticed that especially on mosh he was rappin over the song that allready has his vocals on it ... now i've seen this here and there and over the years more and more catz do it.. even catz i respect alot.. but it allways bugs the shit out of me... anyone else see the performance??? his energy was real low and it was weak ass performance... but yo he was just rhymin with the regular vocal version of the song... i mean its one thing to leave your overdubs and 2nd and 3rd backup tracks on the beat.. but i hate it when catz just play the regular song version live... its so booty... especially when they lazy and miss something and then its totally obvious they got the vocals allready in the beat...

NAHMEAN?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I noticed that years ago and I never understood it. How hard is it to just throw on the instrumental? But at least he didn't pull an Ashlee Simpson moment. Oooooohhh that was terrible.

Discuss.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Have you ever did a show live?? I did at school twice, and sometimes it's good to have your voice in the back, cuz if you stumble you're fucked cuz there's so much noise you won't be able to concentrate on where to start again. But I saw the eminem clip and during the chorus he was CLEARLY lip synching but for the verse he had the voice in the back but they were too LOOUD lol.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
Fade said:
I noticed that years ago and I never understood it. How hard is it to just throw on the instrumental? But at least he didn't pull an Ashlee Simpson moment. Oooooohhh that was terrible.

Discuss.

gawd that ashlee simpson shit was funny.. shes so wack,lol .....proof that u dont have to have talent to be in the industry.. i could tell from jump (that stupid mtv show)that she just wasnt built for this music shit.. what a wimp she is... lmao

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
Fade said:

Discuss.
What happened? I must've missed it.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Man, even Pac rapped over his own vocals during live performances and he was the greatest. Shit's gotta be tough when youre spittin' and movin' all over the place. (I personally have never done a live show, so I don't really know.)

Gram, I do agree though that it sucks to see a performance like Em's.

Just a thought.

Ctrl