Keyboard? - Get It or 4get it ?

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Wassup Ill Fam,

I need yall help with deciding on whether or not I need a keyboard added to my setup. I only use Fruity for production but I want to know if buying a keyboard would be a positive addition to what I already have. Will I be able to take sounds from it and transfer them into fruity or will it just be some kinda midi thing? Somebody feel me in....

Pz,
Bosta

www.soundclick.com/hijokaent

T

The Bastard

youll be able to use the sound from it to sample, and you can use the midi thing too

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
id say get it, the sounds will much be much better than the whack ones u get with fruity

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
i got a casio ctk-691. the sounds in it are just gm sounds so i hardly ever use them. the main purpose i got it for however is to control reason and pratice ma keyboard skills.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
afriquedeluxe said:
i got a casio ctk-691. the sounds in it are just gm sounds so i hardly ever use them. the main purpose i got it for however is to control reason and pratice ma keyboard skills.

Exaclty,

I was amazed to find alot if cats on here dont have keyboards. I mean even if you are a sampler it will help you becasue will will be able to map your samples accross the keys and play them in tune. Plus i think it would also be important for basslines. I cant tell you how many times i hear a raw ass sampled but but the bassline is out of tune becasue the dude dosent have any keys

Basically YES you need a freakin Keyboard!!!! You can use it to controll your sounds in fruity threw MIDI. Dont count on being able to use the sounds from the keyboard too much becasue most of the time they are cheesey

THERE IS NO PROFESSNIAL PRODUCER THAT DOSENT USE A KEYBOARD

class....

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Keys aint essential if you sampling, but if you like playing out your own melodies, they are good to have.

sAfE.

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
i do a lot of both but i mainly needed a controller. even when i sample i tend 2 play melodies tho

i went on n got a keyboard....now i need help hooking it up to my pc . Someone told me i can find a midi to ps/2 cable and that should work. Is this going to work?

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
def cop a keyboard, i use my midi keyboard basically just a sampler and thats it. but its real convenient cause u can chop up samples or change pitches real easily to make new melodies. its also alot easier than using a sequencer to construct rythyms and basslines and shit. id say its a good investment if ur trying to step it up

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Any suggestion on keyboards? My budget is 100-140. I had a Yahmaha PSR-275 before, but I returned it.

I'm considering the Radium 49 or the Oxygen 8, both by M-Audio. Oxygen 8 seems kinda small in terms of the keys though. Anyone know any other keyboards that have knobs and keys for my budget?

For now, I am mainly doing sampling in Reason 2.5.

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have a keyboard but i need a midi soundcard, and when i installed it (the midi soundcard) it was too small to fir in the slot inside my computer, can anyone help me out?
It should fit into the PCI slot(the white slot). What kind of sound card is it?

I'll have a look at the micro korg line up, thanks.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
changalang said:
i have a keyboard but i need a midi soundcard, and when i installed it (the midi soundcard) it was too small to fir in the slot inside my computer, can anyone help me out?

Yo chang, go cop a usb midi adapter... You can just connect the midid plugs into the usb and it will work, it only costs like $30.oo i think at guitar center... Dont really know how well it workd though but im sure it would be good enough for 30.00

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
You dont neccesarily have to get a midi soundcard. I bought a midi cord with a gameport end. It wasn't hard 2 configure either....Works good mane

Bosta

D

Dave

Anyone gettin a midi keyboard i suggest you look at what soundcard you got as well. Most onboard soundcards will have a shit latency and make it hard to play any propper melodies.

When i got my keyboard had to wait summin like 500ms to hear the sound being played.
Just a warning, but maybe it was just my pc

members online

No members online now.