Kanye Blame Game Visuals (Fuckin Amazing)

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Kanye West- Blame Game Video. I dont think its the official but this joint makes me want to love hip hop again. Hope the creativity continues (I was also feelin the Dr. Dre I Need a Doctor Vid)

http://vimeo.com/20012561

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Word the video concept is dope WoW. But real talk I was kinda worried about Kanye for a lil while. I thought he was going to fall off the deep end because his music was getting a lil crazy and he was bugging out in the public eye. When his last album came out it was like a breath of fresh air. I glad hes back to making good music. Real Hip Hop with a touch of other elements not the other way around. Peace

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Wow...

That's all I could say about both video and song....

This track makes me want to love hip-hop again... the track was dope as hell.......You can have hip-hop with all the bullshit we hate but placed in there tastefully.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Word. This is why 95% of my beats are Hip Hop. I dont listen to rap music much. I miss Golden era. I miss turning on the radio and hearing dope lyrics based on "Real Shit" ove dope beats. Hip Hop is saturated and Urban/Rap shit is destroying the culture as well as the music. I never stoped loving Hip Hop. I just realized that I might not hear it on the radio anymore lol. People dont even know the diff between Hip Hop and Rap. They call young money and Wocka Flocka Hip Hop LMAO

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
What was? the vid?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
But Kanye was rappin not singin. Yall hatin lol Besides, its the visuals man, the VISUALS!! lol

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
I guess so Chris.

What I like about it (the vid + music) is, it doesnt try to force you to listen, it isnt shocking/controversial music, its music that tells a story. More importantly, it creates a space in 2011 (Post snap/swag/dougie rap), for artists to make good MUSIC with out the stipulations of the 90's/2000's (Gansta/shock rap) but all of the creativity and captivation. Thats what hiphop NEEDS imo. It had elements of other genres, yes, but hip hop always has. It may not be presented the way you like/used to, but who wants the same shit for 20 yrs? Hip Hop is a culture and mindstate bigger than just the music that made it what it was. And musically, it has transcended what it once was. The bright side is, the styles from the past 30yrs are acceptable again, in some fashion.

Had to type that

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Here in the U.S. R&B and Rap are one genre now. Some don't except it but it is. Anyway, other than disliking Kanye's style, I gotta admit, this video was pretty dope. Had I heard the song without seeing the video, I probably wouldn't have really thought much about it but the video is soooo powerful that it pushes the song into something hot (imo). I credit the video director, Kanye still hasn't proven to me that he's sane. No hate though, Kanye is still relevant.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Agreed completely Dac. I didnt really like the song either originally. But the visuals pushed the music further. Now when I hear the song, I feel what I saw originally, I may now download the album to check it out lol. The lesson I took away is, a strong video will make up for a song that doesnt quite captivate.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I thought the song was dope, anyway.... wasn't fan of the autotuned singing in the beginning as much, but that is what it is these days....

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I still cant believe there's people who claim to be hip hop heads that havent heard this shit yet...classic man.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Autotune is dying a slow, long, hard death...lol. It's just one of those things that just keeps coming back like Jason. You gotta admit, as nerve racking as it is, autotune helps cats that can't sing very well in a big way, so they are gonna hold on to that ish like there's no tomorrow but I predict it to die out completely in 2011 with the exceptions of a few new artist that are using it to get on, Lil-Wanye and ofcorse T-Pain. Even in this video Kanye introduced an echo with pitch changes, we'll see how long it takes for that to become annoying as well.