just got the motif rack es

T

The Bastard

after sum research and sum words from my number 1 ace classic i decided to get the motif rack es. i havent even fucked wit over twenty patches and my wig is slpit in two halves i cant believe the sounds that come out of this. this is my second day havin it and the shits so fun to use. i use to get mad frustrated having to make beats using only samples this shits mad fun . course im gunna always sample sum shit but this shit def ppd my game x 10. i demoed this unit at guitar center but i never got to hook it up to a sequencer and make a beat wit it. shits ill word is bond

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
good looks man. the real beauty of this is the price tag; $100 more then whta the original cost. other companies should take a cue from what Yamaha is doing; just a box with great sounds and great effects..... but for some stupid reason they think that the only thing speople want or need is workstations.

thats a loooooong step up from that mo phatt there, now isnt it!

T

The Bastard

Cold Truth said:
good looks man. the real beauty of this is the price tag; $100 more then whta the original cost. other companies should take a cue from what Yamaha is doing; just a box with great sounds and great effects..... but for some stupid reason they think that the only thing speople want or need is workstations.

thats a loooooong step up from that mo phatt there, now isnt it!
lol no doubt, the mo phat was ok this blows it out the water i cant believe how pro it sounds

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
I better get over to my supplier and see what the price is, I didn't know the ES rack was in retail already. That means that the original rack must be dirt cheap.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i got the original Motif. ill keep it forever. damn good sounds, cant imagine what the ES is like...

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Rhythmikal said:
i got the original Motif. ill keep it forever. damn good sounds, cant imagine what the ES is like...

The orginal motif (and motif rack sound) are almost identicial to the ES

Now the ES has more expanbiltitiy etc.. but from a sound standpoint you cant tell the differnts.

If i dident have the motif rack now i defainly would by the ES, but if your a classic motif owner there is NO need for u to update at all....

class......

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
^^^i disagree class. the es has a much larger wave rom- and its all new waveforms, including new grand pianos, a set of new orchestral sounds, a lot of pads/synths and world sounds, better horn patches, new bass and guitar sounds..... it does inlcude many of the "same" patches using the new wave rom in place of the old wav rom. i have played both side by side and there is a fairly significant upgrade- you are also looking at 8 DUAL insert effects vs the 6 single effects on the original- which means up to a total of 16 individual insert effects. I remember being stuck without effects after using 5 patches, or using multiple effects on one patch and for someone like me who relys on effects to shape raw sounds and uses 5,6,7,8 instruments in a track.... that adds quite a bit to your shoundshaping ability when working in multi mode.

so, i would say, an upgrade is definitely worthwhile.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
u dare challange classic???

Cold Truth said:
^^^i disagree class. the es has a much larger wave rom-

How dare u question my infinate wisdom!!!!!!! LOL

Nahh maybe ur right, but i had the chance of trying both of them out expensively and besides better "techinal" specs i couldent see the differncein sound. Now i know there are some things that the ES has that the classic motif dont. But i personally couldent hear them in the core instraments that i use. I mainy use the rhoads and piano's and other organic instraments and from what i heard those sounded EXACTY the same as the orginal motif.

I think alot of it is "psycological" marketing old friend, everybody has to upgrade to the ES

How u like them apples LOL

class...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
lol, well as i S A I D, they have a lot of the same patches using new wave forms- but there are LOTS of new patches. just stroll through the string patches on the old rack, and then scroll through them on the new one, you'll see! there are also world sounds not present on the old version.

pluis, i think the effects section upgrade alone is worthwhile- they almost tripled the number available! thats beyond "mere" technical advancement. that allows for greater depth in patch editing and creatin- freeing up your pc for the majority of those chores to be used for just mastering and eq purposes!

take THAT!!!!!!!!!

Mo Rack:
Sounds:
Tone Generator: AWM2 (complying with the Modular Synthesis Plug-inSystem).
Polyphony: 128 notes + the polyphony of the Plug-in Board (if installed).
Wave ROM: 84 MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format).
Preset Voices: 640 + 48 drum kits. Plus 128 GM voices + 1 drum kit.
User Voices: 256 + 32 drum kits (include 128 Preset normal voices and 22 init drum kits).

ES Rack:
Tone Generator: AWM2 (complying with the Modular Synthesis Plug-inSystem).
Polyphony: 128 notes + the polyphony of the Plug-in Board (if installed).
Wave ROM: 175MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format), 1,859 waveforms
Preset Voices: 768 Normal Voices + 64 drum Kits
User Voices: 384 Normal Voices + 32 drum kits

double the wav rom- it includes the "mega voices" for things like guitar strums, etc. double the wav rom, an extra bank of both user annd preset sounds, 16 more drum kits.
its pretty substantial upgrade.

is it "necessary"? well, no, but realistically it is a pretty good jump from one to the next.

members online