Just Curious

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Do some of you guys mix and master inside of Reason or do u rewire?

I know this question is made for maybe a wide open discussion, but I read an article where the creators of reason thinks reason is capable of doing many things inside of reason where you don't need to rewire. The reason I ask is because on some occasions, my mix sounds better in reason. I then rewire it and I can't get the same feel iI once had inside of reason. It urks me sometimes, I mean I have a vast amount of plugins that are rated some of the best in the business but I don't get that same feel.

Let me know how you guys feel on this subject.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73

I know this question is made for maybe a wide open discussion, but I read an article where the creators of reason thinks reason is capable of doing many things inside of reason where you don't need to rewire. The reason I ask is because on some occasions, my mix sounds better in reason. I then rewire it and I can't get the same feel iI once had inside of reason. It urks me sometimes, I mean I have a vast amount of plugins that are rated some of the best in the business but I don't get that same feel.

Before I got Ableton Live 7 or now that I have a Mac, Logic 8, I mixed down within Reason. The thing is this! Why would you want to master within Reason? You don't do vocals in Reason so there's really no need to master anything in it. Mastering to me means "finished product" and you can't have a finished product with out the vocals right? If you're pushing tracks or making beat cd's just get the mix down and throw a compressor on the master track to get the volume up. I don't think you need much more than that if your go to software is Reason. Get your levels right, modestly eq and throw the mastering compressor on there to get the volume as loud as u can with out distorting things.

I only Rewire Reason now because I'm at the point to where I push out finished songs and for that, in my opinion, you need a DAW that allows you to use some high end VST's like the Waves Mercury Bundle i.e Ableton Live, Pro Tools and Logic!

From now on I'm mixing and mastering my own shit. I'm finding out that it makes no sense to put out madd money getting your shit mixed in mastered before you have a deal. For one, any serious Label is going to have your shit mixed and master at one of there go to facilities anyway. And two, with todays DAW's and VST's (with practice) you can get your music sounding real good with out breaking the bank.

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
make sure all the sounds u use (each drum hit, each patch, each sample) is generally clean, or try to disguise it. eq out the mudiness and drop/raise low/mid/high freqs til everything blends nice. check all the levels, even if some peak i think its alright as long as there no clipping sound cuz the mastering suite takes care of that.

...my mix sounds better in reason. I then rewire it and I can't get the same feel iI once had inside of reason. It urks me sometimes, I mean I have a vast amount of plugins that are rated some of the best in the business but I don't get that same feel.

i think its cuz u have all the eqs and effects loaded and u mix them based on what u hear after the mastering suite? i duno. i dont rewire so i wouldnt know.

personally i think reason is capable for anything (but recording and chopping) on its own. i think my beats get have a pretty good mix straight outa reason.

peace

members online