Jena 6 - Equal Justice?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
No it's not equal justice. The whole world should be outraged at this. It clearly demonstrates that somethings wrong with our justice system. Eventhough I support the Jena 6, I still have questions on why 6 teens got involved.

MAN ON FIRE

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I still have questions on why 6 teens got involved.
from what i understand from all that i've read and heard, the 6 teens (jena 6) were friends of the black kid who was jumped in the first of the two fights...
the 6 where taunted and threatend by a white classmate (who i beleive was apart of the initial fight also) who had a shotgun. so they jumped the white classmate, to take the shotgun out of his possession. the white classmate went to hospital, treated for minor bumps and bruises, and was released within an hours time, and later went to a house party (if memory serves me correct)

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah, that's basically what happened. I don't think he threatened them with a shotgun though. I think that was someone else. I thought it was in school and the kid started saying hateful things using racial terms and they beat him up.
you're referring to the first fight, where the white classmates jump the black kid for protesting, after nuces were hung from the tree. the white students were suspended at first, but then their suspension was lifted. the case with the 6 black kids, took place in a second fight.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I'm not saying its equal justice. I'm just pointing out the topic he was talking about. lol, i support the Jena 6. I thought it was a good p oint he brought about the nation as a whole.

Nahhh my bro, I was answering the thread topic - "Jena 6 - Equal Justice?" - I wasn't under the impression that you were thinking - it was equal justice, it was just a response to the tittle. Yes you're right! He made some great points, all of which I agree with. I too know the story about the shootgun and all that. I just don't understand why 6 of them jumped on him, I mean dude was out of the hospital within the hour or so, thats pretty quick to get out and you just got your arse stomped by 6 people, so really my question (to myself) is...based on how "little" damage was done remains...why did it take 6 to do what damage 1 or maybe 2 could have done? Thats what is bothering the heyell out of me. I'm mentally putting myself on the scene...if I see 2 or 3 of my boys getting into it with 1 dude, I'm not gonna jump in the fight, I'm gonna get posted up to watch their backs from a close distance, now if 1 dude was handling the first 2 or 3 of them by himself, then I would have to jump into it if it wasn't anything more than taking him to the ground...feel me?

dacalion

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
why did it take 6 to do what damage 1 or maybe 2 could have done? Thats what is bothering the heyell out of me. I'm mentally putting myself on the scene...if I see 2 or 3 of my boys getting into it with 1 dude, I'm not gonna jump in the fight, I'm gonna get posted up to watch their backs from a close distance, now if 1 dude was handling the first 2 or 3 of them by himself, then I would have to jump into it if it wasn't anything more than taking him to the ground...feel me?

dacalion
a toaster is a great equilizer man, their primary objective was to get the gun away from dude. when you with crew and someones wavin a gun where yall all could potentially get shot, you all aint going for that joint?? or just pick amongst yourselves no who's gonna handle it?..see what i mean? plus you add the emotion factor. and you right 6 dudes who caused minor bumps and bruises to one dude with a gun, that tells me that they just wanted to get the gun away from the kid, not beat'em down.

members online