Jay

JayWhite

What up, im Jay, I'm trying to get into learning more about making beats. I've always wanted to learn how cause I always been a music person. And I catch myself getting pushed more toward this thing. So if yall can help on what I need to get started I'd appreciate it. Thznks

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @JayWhite and what subgenre(s) and overall music genre(s) do you listen to and are you interested in?

Laptop, FL Studio and an audio interface, the Focusright Scarlett 2i2 is a good entry level audio interface, you need the interface for low latemcy. Latency is how long it takes from pressing a key on a midi controller to the software picking it up. You want as low a latency as possible, without it messing up the buffers causing buffer underruns. You have to find the sweet spot for your setup.
You will also need monitors. The KRK Roxkit 5,s are a good start point. Dont want to spend too much at first, making music isnt for everybody and it can get very expenive, very quickly.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
You need... something to record either midi or audio. And something to make sound with.
Typically this would look like having a DAW. From there you should be able to get started with stock sounds, if not there are plenty of great freebies online. You can make superb music for free these days

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Unless @JayWhite you’re trying to be Steve Albini, chuck the soundboard!