Is my name cool?

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Dusty B was the name I used back when I was a teen and now I'm revitalizing it as I've gotten back into the swing of things. But now that I'm starting to build my YT and other pages... what say you? Should I take this opportunity to rebrand or fuck it and keep it Dusty? I know it's up to me but I've never actually asked for feedback on the stage name lol...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Dusty B was the name I used back when I was a teen and now I'm revitalizing it as I've gotten back into the swing of things. But now that I'm starting to build my YT and other pages... what say you? Should I take this opportunity to rebrand or fuck it and keep it Dusty? I know it's up to me but I've never actually asked for feedback on the stage name lol...
That's always tough to figure out.

My friends gave me the name MC Fade in high school (don't know why, probably because of a Metal song with fade in it, they were all Metal heads), then I progressed to DJ Fade then just Fade and sometimes MisterFade. I thought of changing it years ago but everyone knows me as Fade so I'm keeping it.

If it works for you and you like it, keep it. Dusty B sounds unique but if you want to go into another direction like having a brand-type of name, then I would say change it. You could be something like Boner Beats and then you're Dusty B the guy a part of Boner Beats. Maybe then you could form a super group one day and everyone's got boners. And beats.

Dusty B

ILLIEN

My friends gave me the name MC Fade in high school (don't know why, probably because of a Metal song with fade in it, they were all Metal heads), then I progressed to DJ Fade then just Fade and sometimes MisterFade. I thought of changing it years ago but everyone knows me as Fade so I'm keeping it.

If it works for you and you like it, keep it. Dusty B sounds unique but if you want to go into another direction like having a brand-type of name, then I would say change it. You could be something like Boner Beats and then you're Dusty B the guy a part of Boner Beats. Maybe then you could form a super group one day and everyone's got boners. And beats.
Boner Beats.com and I'll have the intro from my last battle submission playing on repeat.

Dusty B

ILLIEN

that's a cool story. I always wondered why you sometimes told me to scream mister fade as part of the initiation.

mine has some personal music connection to it, though random and from childhood. growing up there were a couple years where my childhood bedroom looked like an unorganized record store with a bed. growing up the closest record store was about 2 hours away and I didn't really have money, so when I went it was essentially a day trip and I'd buy crates full of random <$1 per records. So of course after a few years it started adding up. It used to piss off my mom because they collected so much dust, and one day she was mad telling me to clean up and said "even your blender is dusty" (from my protein shakes lol...) and I thought that was such a random thing yet also representative of my music since I liked blending together a bunch of random sounds I found on dusty records. That's when "Dusty Blender" formed which eventually turned into Dusty B.

Last edited:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@Dusty B “Dusty Blender” sounds dope now that I know the story behind it without having to ask!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
that's a cool story. I always wondered why you sometimes told me to scream mister fade as part of the initiation.

mine has some personal music connection to it, though random and from childhood. growing up there were a couple years where my childhood bedroom looked like an unorganized record store with a bed. growing up the closest record store was about 2 hours away and I didn't really have money, so when I went it was essentially a day trip and I'd buy crates full of random <$1 per records. So of course after a few years it started adding up. It used to piss off my mom because they collected so much dust, and one day she was mad telling me to clean up and said "even your blender is dusty" (from my protein shakes lol...) and I thought that was such a random thing yet also representative of my music since I liked blending together a bunch of random sounds I found on dusty records. That's when "Dusty Blender" formed which eventually turned into Dusty B.
That's a beautiful story - you're officially un-allowed to change your name.

Ever.

In fact, change your government name to Dusty Blender.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Studio sessions at Fade's house
Backroom_Casting_Couch%2C_Original%2C_Scottsdale%2C_AZ.jpg