Is 4 gigs of ram enough.

chazzo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just got a hp pc with vista installed and i just bought pt le 7.4 and i'm having buffers size problems and i'm convinced it's a version 7.4 problem. And i want to go back to 7.3 but vista only works on 7.4. I know that max ram on xp is 4 is that enough for me to work with pro tools with plugins. I got like 10 softsynths i know i won't be using them all at the same time is 4 gigs of ram to use a decent amount of vst plugins with pro tools.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yea lol, 4 gigs is plenty! More than enough, but you should probly downgrade to XP, Vista has a shitload of compatability problems and it's too heavy on system resources, it has a lot of extra processes running which kills memory/cpu, plus if you like the GUI of Vista, you can always get programs like StlyeXP and WindowsBlinds which give you some nice ass skins, etc., theres a shitload of mods you can do to XP to make it look nice, plus its much easier to use than Vista in my opinion...

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I only have 512MB, I cant really run vsti's tho.

???

Why not? I have a machine with 512MB RAM that does just fine with VSTi's. 1.3GHz Athlon Thunderbird running XP SP2, Cubase SX3, Kontakt, FM8, Pro53, Attack, M1, Wavestation, and FL Studio among other things.

members online