I'm a retard

F

faith

Look I'm new to this biz, anyway I don't know what the hell I'm doing as far as recording. I got my boy rapping either just vocals then matching it up with the beat, or just recording vocals and the beat all together, but either way it dont sound right. How do you guys record songs using FL Studios and make it sound like decent. Is there a certain way to EQ it or what?

Did I mention I don't use a Mic....

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
He he. This seems to be a bundle of questions that has a bundle of answers. I'll try to give you mine.

EQ is really important, but you can EQ all you want and you won't get a satisfactory result if you don't have a decent mic and mic-preamp.

Go get yourself a mic and a pre-amp. Ask around the different stores in your neighborhood to get a feel for your spectrum and pricerange. You won't perhaps need the newest most shiny bits to get a satisfactory result. Those parts can come later on as you advance on up the scale. Then you migth wanna get a clean AD-coverter and stuff like that. But for now I advice you to check out a mic and a pre-amp to get yourself started.

Peace

F

faith

Thanks alot! I was hoping there was another way but thanks. What are some good music editor software...anyone

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I use Cubase. So I'm from that school. So I'd say Cubase or better yet, Pro Tools.