IllMuzik.com Re-Mix Tape

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Back on topic....

what artists are we talkin about for this? Current dudes?

sanova said:
Just a free mixtape CD with beats by us, lyrics by mainstream artists we like.

sanova said:
doesn't have to be [mainstream]. but something recognizable maybe, otherwise it might defeat the purpose of remixing it in the first place, we just wanna put a illmuzik twist on things and let people know what music sounds like.

=]

You have creative control over your own track, basically just remix a song that you like to the song that you think it should be. This will be a Mixtape that describes Hip Hop in the eyes of Illmuzik.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
15 submissions thus far, this might be wrapped up soon!

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
where do we submit to my friend, i'm down

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
Nova i might send some more but i dont want to be too greedy and let others get a chance. you think my shit was sufficient enough?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Nova i might send some more but i dont want to be too greedy and let others get a chance. you think my shit was sufficient enough?

At the current number of total submissions 2 of your tracks will likely be on the final product. Submitting more is always welcomed =] !!

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I know no one around here likes Southern Hip Hop but since I moved out here to Nashville, I am trying to get some work in this Genre. This link is the whole project for you other cats that want to flip a remix out of it. And if anyone else uses Logic and sees my settings are way off, just tell me what I am doing wrong or how you would mix it down in my blog.

http://www.ominousred.com/audio/Ominous_PopBottles.zip

http://www.ominousred.com/audio/Ominous_PopBottles_Ver1.mp3

I use Logic .... I'm gonna download this tonight when I get to the house and see what's up with it.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I use Logic .... I'm gonna download this tonight when I get to the house and see what's up with it.

That would be nice.

You'll notice I mix to a compressor with a Limiter behind it. I leanred this from a tutorial about mixing Electronic music. As you can see or better yet hear, it is not working for me cuz my stuff is coming out distorted and loud.

When I first started producing all my stuff sounded really quiet and now I over compensate and make everything really loud. I want to learn some better practices for mixing specifically settings. I understand the process. As far as moving all your faders down and then starting with putting your kicks where you want them and then your snare sand then eventually the rest of the tracks but I keep wanting everything loud.

I need to be corrected.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
This is just about done, just working on the cover; which leads me to - any suggestions for a title?

members online