If you're connected on web, you can make beats !

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
this is fuckin ridiculous anybody can make beats now u dont even need to have talent u can jus get software or like this an go online and make a beat..this is why hip hop is on a life support right now

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
IMO making beats isn't the battle. It's definitely not a easy access pass into the industry. Not everyone knows what to do with the final product.

It's technology man...lol...it ain't going nowhere. You got to either get ahead of it, get with it or get rolled over. U DECIDE!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
this is fuckin ridiculous anybody can make beats now u dont even need to have talent u can jus get software or like this an go online and make a beat..this is why hip hop is on a life support right now

Interesting point, I still havent checked it out yet but definately with the advent of software in hiphop and thus making it freely accesable, the artform has taken some unexpected turns.
Its sorta like anybody who can get theyre hands on some paint can throw a tag up on the Sistine Chapel, some are murals that look good, some just say "spit", some are cartoony , but they are all painted over the original masterpeice....If you get my drift.

Thing is it used to be waaaay more expensive to do this stuff.Almost unattainably so.
Its a double edged sword.
Where loads of us who are married to the artform can now finally cut cd's at will, there are also lots of people who started making beats for the fun of it 2 months ago that can be doing the same thing and sound like they have been in the game forever.
Which of course is frustrating..

But I wont lie if I can make music at work then I will be hittin this spot up.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
anybody can make beats, and sing, play an instrument, act etc... it doesn't mean it will be good. this is how music was before it became an industry, anyone could make and sing music to their hearts content. once they saw they could make money out of it, the people started to put up invisible walls and declared only 'artists' should do what every one was doing before.

art isn't a secret society like politics and religion, only for the initiated, it's for and by the people, good and bad. hip hop isn't suffering because 'anyone' can make beats or rhyme, it's suffering, like every other form of entertainment, because of a multitude of issues too complex to be summed up in a thread. nothing wrong with the site it's just not my cup of white rum.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
anybody can make beats, and sing, play an instrument, act etc... it doesn't mean it will be good. this is how music was before it became an industry, anyone could make and sing music to their hearts content. once they saw they could make money out of it, the people started to put up invisible walls and declared only 'artists' should do what every one was doing before.

art isn't a secret society like politics and religion, only for the initiated, it's for and by the people, good and bad. hip hop isn't suffering because 'anyone' can make beats or rhyme, it's suffering, like every other form of entertainment, because of a multitude of issues too complex to be summed up in a thread. nothing wrong with the site it's just not my cup of white rum.

meh...good counterpoint.