I predict Chicago blows up !!!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
R. Kelly, Common, Lupe, Kanye,Twista, Do or Die, Da Brat........Chicago has been represented in a major "mainstream" way for decades. I don't see it getting any better or worse for the Chi. Not to mention Barack is not actually from there. I can't name 7 artist from Atlanta that have done it as big as those guys. Very few cities have more than a hand full of STARS at a time.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
R. Kelly, Common, Lupe, Kanye,Twista, Do or Die, Da Brat........Chicago has been represented in a major "mainstream" way for decades. I don't see it getting any better or worse for the Chi. Not to mention Barack is not actually from there. I can't name 7 artist from Atlanta that have done it as big as those guys. Very few cities have more than a hand full of STARS at a time.

I agree Chicago has been on the map for a minute now... but you are waaaaay off with the ATL.... you guys got Andre3000, Big Boi, Ludacris, Jermain Dupri, Young Jeezy, T.I., Jazze Pha, Cee lo, Lil Jon.... the list goes on and on.... they have all done it to the max in my opinion.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I agree Chicago has been on the map for a minute now... but you are waaaaay off with the ATL.... you guys got Andre3000, Big Boi, Ludacris, Jermain Dupri, Young Jeezy, T.I., Jazze Pha, Cee lo, Lil Jon.... the list goes on and on.... they have all done it to the max in my opinion.

Lil Jon is in LA now, Jermane is whack as fuck, he hasn't done anything major in awhile now, He only fucks local artist, Jeezy is "eh", good for a single or two, cee lo spends more time abroad these days. Out of those, the only ones that buzz in the city are Luda and Jeezy. The rest I never hear about nor see. Some of these dude's claim the A for record sells only. Most of them spend absolutely no time in the city.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Lil Jon is in LA now, Jermane is whack as fuck, he hasn't done anything major in awhile now, He only fucks local artist, Jeezy is "eh", good for a single or two, cee lo spends more time abroad these days. Out of those, the only ones that buzz in the city are Luda and Jeezy. The rest I never hear about nor see. Some of these dude's claim the A for record sells only. Most of them spend absolutely no time in the city.

I didn't know we were going off their buzz in the actual city, I thought we were going off the buzz in actual mainstream.

T.I. doesn't buzz in the ATL? That's crazy..

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I didn't know we were going off their buzz in the actual city, I thought we were going off the buzz in actual mainstream.

T.I. doesn't buzz in the ATL? That's crazy..

Grand Hustle is all you hear in the city. I see somebody from Grand Hustle every Saturday in Club Frequency. I didn't name T.I. in the last post for that reason.

Very few people that you named ring in the streets of Atlanta. I guess they may seem as though the do in other peoples neck of the woods.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Musically of course.
Obama and Oprah in there. I think cats from there are about to get attention!
yes? No?

Nope. If any Chicago rappers had a smart team behind them and used Barack's success as part of their marketing strategy, then yes they would blow up. Oprah doesn't nor wouldn't support 90% of the rappers coming out of Chicago.

The area that will benefit the most from all of this new interest in politics is washington dc.
Only because SO MANY PEOPLE will be coming to DC for political events. DC is known worldwide for its party scene and clubs, so it will be a new focus on the District.

In a totally opposite but relevant comparison, Freaknik did a LOT for the music industry to be what it is in Atlanta, that's what made a lot of males wanna move to the A from "country" GA and surrounding cities and up North and out West.

Face it, Obama is a rockstar and a few of the DC rappers are smart enough to be his "opening act" and make songs to get that crossover appeal.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
^^^ Thanks.. Cause thats what I meant ,I think, ultimately. There are a BUNCH of get in now type of opprtntys.. Go buy the domain for obamatshirts.com .... Get me? lol
Meanwhile here in the US and elsewhere erbody do their part to make shit better.

Anybody right now can literally build a business from the Obama - Mania, Sarah Palin-Mania too.

To give some insight into taking advantage: I'm launching a site JUST to show people from out-of-state how to get properly situated for the Inaugration in DC travel and lodging-wise.

I have pre-orders for Indie Planet's "Gobama" t-shirt design doing pretty good right now too.
The designer of the shirt took a PICTURE of the shirt and HE has pre-orders for our shirts lol.

If you mention the words Change, Obama, Black President, Barack in your song right now - it will get more downloads and attention. This is the world you're living in Illmuzik, pay attention and take advantage!

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Grand Hustle is all you hear in the city. I see somebody from Grand Hustle every Saturday in Club Frequency. I didn't name T.I. in the last post for that reason.

Very few people that you named ring in the streets of Atlanta. I guess they may seem as though the do in other peoples neck of the woods.

That's crazy to me, cause I thought that the people I named would be the first on the radio out there.... They are actually all over the radio here in Cali.... especially T.I. Outkast not so much here, except for that new John Legend joint feat. Andre....

Who does have a big buzz in ATL right now? I'm just curious as to who is getting spins over there...

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Anybody right now can literally build a business from the Obama - Mania, Sarah Palin-Mania too.

To give some insight into taking advantage: I'm launching a site JUST to show people from out-of-state how to get properly situated for the Inaugration in DC travel and lodging-wise.

I have pre-orders for Indie Planet's "Gobama" t-shirt design doing pretty good right now too.
The designer of the shirt took a PICTURE of the shirt and HE has pre-orders for our shirts lol.

If you mention the words Change, Obama, Black President, Barack in your song right now - it will get more downloads and attention. This is the world you're living in Illmuzik, pay attention and take advantage!

lol, see? Thats what Im talkin about!!
I was gonna snatch up Obamatshirts.com but of course that got taken along with Obamaclothes.com lol

Good idea on the website!

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
Chicago already blew up....like twice in my opinion. There are a TON of successful chicago acts. Everything has already been said.

But yea....DC/Baltimore is next in my opinion. They got their own thing doing on up there. All it takes is the right person to exploit it the right way.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
I think it's DC that has that style called Go Go or whatever.... someone showed me a song once, but I don't remember it to much.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Cool Kids and Kid Sister are from there. If they can get more acts of the same ilk - they've got a third movement coming out of Chi-town.

Record companies have been doing shit like that for years, trying to sign four or five acts that are the "same" musicwise (rap-rock in the late 90's, nu-soul like Erykah Badu and D'Angelo) and package that for the media as a new "musical movement."

Technically - it's pure PR bullshit. But it's great business, and good for the artists who profited from it.