I got hit by a crackhead, why me?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Not being naive but I truely dont understand why Im such a target for theft!

Heres the deal...Ive been blessed through God and alot of hard work to be able to afford some nice things. I AM NOT BRAGGING, this is just me. People (in general) percieve me as being well off but I struggle just like anybody else. Some of my luxuries have come from my investments and honestly speaking, most came from inheritence. People that really know me know that I try to be humble and help in areas that even their own family members wont.

I live in a very upscale neighborhood, people around me are doctor, lawyers, and so on...One of my neighbors moved and left their home to her sister and her husband. The husband is a bum, he's cool but his wife makes all the money. She decides now that the economy is tuff, she is going to force her husband to go back to work by cutting his money off. He casually did coke but with the wifee putting the pressure on he has turned into a crackhead.

A few times I paid this cat to do some odd jobs for me. Some jobs I even paid him more than what the job paid by professionals. My house has a 3 car garage but I am building a storage with a 2 car garage on it because I needed more space. Its almost completed except for the garage door openers, the doors are on but they can be opened by hand.

Well Mr. Crackhead knows this and steals 4 factory Mercedes rims (I put some aftermarket chrome on) and a $600 KoBalt toolbox full of tools from the new storage building. The neighbor directly behind me called me and said that he has it on video but its not very clear because the camera is so far away. The video was good enough for us to see who it was but not good enough for a positive ID.

This ish sucks because I dont wanna take legal action nor do I want to go down to his house and attempt to put my foot up his ass. I actually thought of this guy as a friend.

What would you do if it were you?

dac

This exact same thing happened to my mate, he has a scag head living a couple doors from him, he was broken into and he was pretty sure who it was, he just couldnt prove it, hes not the sort to go running to the police, and because hes not 100% sure that the scag head did it, he didnt kick the shit out of the guy.
I have learned the hard way growing up and being burgled a few times, a couple times by people I thought were mates, that it doesnt matter how good friends you are/were once hard highly addictive drugs become involved, you realy cannot call anyone thats on them a friend. Friendship is based on trust, no crackhead or addict can be trusted, because the drugs/addiction fucks with their head. Wouldnt have expected this shit to be going on in a nice neighbourhood though. Maybe the guy needs a kick in to knock some sense in him, regardless if he stole ya shit or not. Thats up to you though man, if ya not into violence, maybe just let it go but know better about this guy and cut him off. And secure ya shit. Its hard times we are living in, poor criminals can and do travel to well off areas to rob shit.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i feel for u both, but...

i dunno, maybe its how and where we grew up... I've seen crackheads, dopeheads, cokeheads, etc all my life... #1 rule i stand by: NEVER let an addict do ANY oddjobs for u... thats just an invitation for them to hang around u, scheme, plot and finally steal and rob u of ur shit (and thats b4 the economy got bad)... theyre addicts, but they are not stupid... they know how to win ur friendship to get closer... plus, they figure u got the money to replace it anyway... a 3 car garage? yea, he knows u aint broke... i understand he's ur neighbor, but u can only take certain friendships so far... ive been in my apt for 3 years now... i know my neighbors, and i say hi to them... but i dont need them for anything else... no need for cats to start comin to ur house unannounced askin for sugar and shit... i hope u get ur stuff back... u live and u learn.

da relic
This ish sucks because I dont wanna take legal action nor do I want to go down to his house and attempt to put my foot up his ass. I actually thought of this guy as a friend.

dac
and there u go... addicts aint ur friends... ur theirs... its never mutual.

da relic

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Lemme tell you my story.. it might give you some ideas...

My next door neighbor a few years back was a 15-16 year old kid... he was cool at first, seemed chilled out.. not a fiend or a rock head, but always a bit on the weird side...anyway, we started letting him hang around at my house.. teaching him how to run the console while we recorded, just letting him be down with the older cats and smoke with us and all that... he was allright for a young dude.
We had some nice gear, nothing too crazy but it was hot for a home studio..

One day, I come home and my window latch is broken and about $2000-$3000 worth of computers, gear and cables are gone and so is my weed, my beer and my weed butter that my girl had just made... disappointing right?

I had a feeling it was him right away, the only other people who know I have that stuff in here are close personal friends, family and fellow musicians who I trust with my life.. he was the only newcomer to the scene... I'm no detective, but it felt like someone was very targeted and knew what they were coming for and how to get in quickly and only take stuff that could be stuffed in your pants or something... laptops, rack gear, cables, small mics, etc...

I didn't really know what to do, because you can't teach these kids lessons like that... they just don't care about anything or anyone and don't know what respect is... so I figured I just had to scare the shit out of him... I walked over to his house with a blank VCR tape, asked to talk to him outside and started to name everything that was taken. I told him that there was a camera in the house running the whole time..

Before I even had a chance to accuse him of anything, he literally dropped to his knees and begged me not to call the cops. He was crying, lookin like he was about to piss himself, begging me not to tell his dad... all sorts of stuff. Unfortunately for him, my renters insurance says that I have to call the cops to get reimbursed for the theft... so that part of it was out of my hands. I didn't have to press charges, the DA graciously handled that...

Of course, the cops talked to his dad.. he got a year in county and 3 years probation. His dad tried to fight me one day and fell off his porch and broke his ankle... six months later he lost his foot due to complications from surgery... the kid ended up doing similar shit, but more violent, to another friend of his after he was 18 and got like 8 or 9 years in San Quentin... he'll be gone til at least 2016 or something....just goes to show, they never change and they can't be reasoned with...

My advice... talk to his wife first.. if she's not responsive, call the cops. He may be a "friend" but a fiend is a fiend is a fiend is a fiend......it won't stop until he sees cconsequences

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah recently, i got the same shit goin on. i figure the same, they aint gonna change bout it all. aint any fun losin shit like that, but i'm a firm believer in the wheel of karma, on top of being what i guess most people would call a taoist..
so as the way goes, i will hope that i may achieve greater results through inaction and enduring the hard times with a calm mind.
on another note, one of the wisest of sayings from the buddha after all went to say that the greatest causes of suffering are desire, craving, and ignorance. and to further that, to know that feeling of emptiness will only bring forth a future of fulfillment.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
i feel for u both, but...

i dunno, maybe its how and where we grew up... I've seen crackheads, dopeheads, cokeheads, etc all my life... #1 rule i stand by: NEVER let an addict do ANY oddjobs for u... thats just an invitation for them to hang around u,
da relicand there u go... addicts aint ur friends... ur theirs... its never mutual.

da relic

word up...never trust a cracked out dude

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
I walked over to his house with a blank VCR tape, asked to talk to him outside and started to name everything that was taken. I told him that there was a camera in the house running the whole time..

Before I even had a chance to accuse him of anything, he literally dropped to his knees and begged me not to call the cops. He was crying, lookin like he was about to piss himself, begging me not to tell his dad... all sorts of stuff.
lmao!!! BRILLIANT!!! sounds like some shit i wouldve done...lol

da relic

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Remember fiend is friend without the "R"!!!

Id def talk to his wife, then I'd call the cops, whatever you do you gotta confront him about it.
I let NO one in the home studio, you have to come recommended to me by someone I know will fuck you up if you jack me. I have actually lost money behind it when cats wanna bring some dudes over to get on thier beat and I say no. But you have to keep the list of suspects small no matter what.

You steal from me , you are my enemy..forever... Id wanna shoot dude personally.
I fuckin HATE crackheads, sorry that this happened to you.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
UPDATE: Mr.Crackhead sold my toolbox and factory rims to his brother. Im gonna call his sister in law and get his brothers number and pretty much leave what happens next up to him. If he gets me my ish back in 1 day, I will let it go, if not, Im calling the cops. The more I think of what I did for this guy, the madder I get so confronting him at this point would be a mistake on my part. I really want to fugg him up now.

If his sis in law doesnt have or give me his brothers number then Im just gonna give the cops a call.

On top of all that, I was told that Mr. Crackhead has been scoping a 96 Cadilac Sedan DeVille that I bought to restore and he has his eyes on a fiberglass Bass boat that my uncle willed me before he passed. So now its personal in my opinion...dude has got to go down before one of us gets hurt.

To be honest, my faith in law enforcement isnt very high right now, back in 01 I had a extended cab Nissan pickup that I use to compete in car shows and SPL competitions, this cat broke in it and stole over 3 grand worth of gear out of it, the cops had fingerprints and a cast of the theifs shoe print to no avail, my insurance wouldnt cover it because it was all aftermarket ish.

dac

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
To be honest, my faith in law enforcement isnt very high right now,

That's fully understandable.. It's hard to trust people who have made our lives harder at one point or another... Just make sure that you don't come to them with hearsay... Cops are lazy, and if they don't have to investigate something, they won't...

Make sure you let them know that people saw the fiend do it and make sure the witnesses are ready to give a statement. Without them, the cops may just write a report and go get donuts and coffee... Also, if you haven't already, you should double-check with your insurance what can be covered with the other stuff.. that way if anything happens you know what you're up against.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah good advice, after my p'up was broken into, I made sure that everything else in my yard would be covered.

Thanks to you all for the advice.

dac

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
One day, I come home and my window latch is broken and about $2000-$3000 worth of computers, gear and cables are gone and so is my weed, my beer and my weed butter that my girl had just made.
weed butter?!! LMAO... SirSedric aka Sir Pimpalot!

da relic

members online