I found my new beatmachine

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Too bad they didnt take some aspects of the original ( '98 prototype ), but still, this should be no problem since the source is already written for it. I'd love to put in the Prophecy engine in there hehe.

And yes, the all in one solution, I must say this comes close but I wonder if it's desirable to make use of this machine for everything, excluding other brands and gear. Imo, if they took out the sequencer, the multitracker ( 4 tracks ?!?! 48kHz ?!?! ) and the sampler you'd have a dope synth. With all that stuff in there, shit is bound to be wasted money since 80% of the producing population uses pc's for sequencing and recording audio.

P

Project

Formant024 said:
Too bad they didnt take some aspects of the original ( '98 prototype ), but still, this should be no problem since the source is already written for it. I'd love to put in the Prophecy engine in there hehe.

And yes, the all in one solution, I must say this comes close but I wonder if it's desirable to make use of this machine for everything, excluding other brands and gear. Imo, if they took out the sequencer, the multitracker ( 4 tracks ?!?! 48kHz ?!?! ) and the sampler you'd have a dope synth. With all that stuff in there, shit is bound to be wasted money since 80% of the producing population uses pc's for sequencing and recording audio.
Yeah, that's what I mean. I'd rather have a dedicated multi-track than a built-in 4-track! It would've been better if they would've dropped all the extra features and just had a synth and sequencer, it'll be tight! And it costs like 8,000 dollars! That could buy you a Triton, Digi002, MPC, and Motif ES! It has WAY too much features, and I doubt you'll see any 14 year olds going out to buy this. I actually doubt that any big producers will buy it either! Why would they want to use that onboard multi-track when they have access to top protools rigs?! I have no clue what kinda crowd Korg was trying to attract with this product, but I doubt they'd make much money off it.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I think a lot of peeps might buy it, simply because they were waiting for OASYS in 98, that didn't work so they had to settle for the OASYS pci, which is dope shizzle but... it's not a keyboard.

ill o.g.
Yea, the sequencer or the pads dont impress me, but the synth sounds in the video were the best i ever heard.

I dont actually take it serious though. How many people got $8000 to spend on a keyboard.

Maybe someday ill get the rackmount version.

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Shit the rack version will probably like $4000.00. LOL Korg betaa stop smokin' crack.

X

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah the pads is bullshit, Fantom XR deals with the pads better. 8 pads???? what am i gonna do with 8 pads? I dont know about the sequencer either. I personally wouldnt buy this one. I mean it's got tight sounds n shit but this is for some hardcore musician. I cannot see myself making beats on this

Chance

ill o.g.
i defintely would not buy that. very disapointing.

8 pads? and they're in front of the damn sequencer screen. at least the Fantoms pads are on the side. and its not worth the price they're asking.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
That would be such a waste, when will people learn that all in one products will NEVER work.

Its better to let Each company foucus on their own expertise. Shit with $8000 i much rather uprgrade to an MPC 4000, and cop an bunch of new racks an synths that each have their own unique style.

Then i would cop PT to multi tack, and that will still leave some money to spare, whoever cops that thing is stupid

class.....

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
theres a hell of a lot more that u cud get for 8000 than that thing. i would personaly prefer 2 get a few sample based/synth racks and a midi controller.

beatzbybuddy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
fuck that, id buy hookers and bud and make beats on a bucket before id drop that kind of cash.. Shit we all poor up in here. My opinion!

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
that things dope to me but the price tag is wack as hell unless you sit and do scores for movies and t.v. all day then i could see wanting to be at one station. but fuck the price. Plus Harware wise if youre like me you like certain things made by certain companies. software wise also its not and open as a computer wear you can try diffrent vst's and stuff. ehh whatever

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't think the target is our market. But I wouldn't be suprised if Just blaze bought one. I know he generally buys a lot of new gear. Thats one of his hobbys