Hey what's up

• beat this! voting starts in...

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 17
Hello folks,

Earsblower or EB for short if you prefer.

Just found out this forum and looks pretty dope and gotta say that the main reason why I ''searched'' for a beatmaking forum was to get some real feedback or you could say, some feedback from more experienced beatmakers.

It is kind of hard to get feedback these days as people are all busy and prefer to concentrate on their own stuff instead of helping out others... I don't blame, it just what it is...

Anyway, I'm 38 years old, been listening to hip-hop since I was around 12 and at that point it was mostly French Canadian rap and then some from France.

Around 18 Us rap got into my life and that is where I really started digging it. I was very interested to the sounds / producing side at that point too but never invested myself like I think I should have.

Anyway again... fast forward about 20 years later I decided to give beatmaking a go as I always experienced it but never completed at least 1 beat. Well better late than never I did about 12 ish as of now but all are very simplistic or very unique in their ways. I think I'm actually a very unique beatmaker wether that means good or bad !

So looking forward to get some feedback from you guys but also exchange some words / stories and stuff.

Thanks and keep on !

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome!

Let me guess - Dubmatique and MC Solaar?

But that's cool though, you've come to the right place. There's a ton of resources here and lots of people that can help you out.

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Welcome!

Let me guess - Dubmatique and MC Solaar?

But that's cool though, you've come to the right place. There's a ton of resources here and lots of people that can help you out.
Hey !

That's kinda neat that you know those two actually :D And thanks for the reply.

Dubmatique a bit yeah but mostly : Sans Pression (the old one!) , Muzion, Yvon Krevé, 2e Monde, Cdrik and a looooooot of others that I just don't think about now.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Earsblower and dope name but know that your handle is a fetish for @Armani our resident ILL kink master or since he also makes beats, kink maestro.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to ill, once you get past all the sexually frustrated perverts that think this is kindergarten, some of us actually make beats.
Oh look at Dr. Serious over here!

Chicago Med Episode 6 GIF by NBC

Oh look at Dr. Serious over here!

Chicago Med Episode 6 GIF by NBC
On the real bro, I can understand how me keep bringing up the depravities of those that rule over us can get tiresome, or trying to explain things past the propaganda we are told, its why I dont do it any more, but every discussion turning into some sexual innuendo like this is the primary school playground also gets tiresome after a while.
Im all for free speech, so have at it, but at the same time arent we supposed to be the grown ups? I really dont take myself too seriously, I take music a lot more seriously though.
I just cringe at it now, I find it cringe, just saying.
We used to talk about music and production, people used to post things that helped each other, we used to collaborate regularly and there was a good community that worked on a lot of things together.
Its a bit like female comedians, you know they are just going to joke about their fanny and when they do, its cringe, because you know its coming, then whoop there it is, like clockwork, every fucking time.

/old man rant

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
We @2GooD Productions can still talk music and production, shit, I'm doing what I can by turning y'all knob twiddlers on to whatever free plugins are out there. I'd post some producer shit like backstories about certain records, etc. but most producer content is "look at me, I'm a broducer" 101.

We @2GooD Productions can still talk music and production, shit, I'm doing what I can by turning y'all knob twiddlers on to whatever free plugins are out there. I'd post some producer shit like backstories about certain records, etc. but most producer content is "look at me, I'm a broducer" 101.
You need to worry less about turning people on to new plugins until you know how they even work, and if they are even any good at what they claim to do. You need to worry more on upgrading your DAW, and your skills and experience with the free plugins and concentrate on making music and studying the theory behind it.
You have to do this before recommending things to others, not after.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
On the real bro, I can understand how me keep bringing up the depravities of those that rule over us can get tiresome, or trying to explain things past the propaganda we are told, its why I dont do it any more, but every discussion turning into some sexual innuendo like this is the primary school playground also gets tiresome after a while.
Im all for free speech, so have at it, but at the same time arent we supposed to be the grown ups? I really dont take myself too seriously, I take music a lot more seriously though.
I just cringe at it now, I find it cringe, just saying.
We used to talk about music and production, people used to post things that helped each other, we used to collaborate regularly and there was a good community that worked on a lot of things together.
Its a bit like female comedians, you know they are just going to joke about their fanny and when they do, its cringe, because you know its coming, then whoop there it is, like clockwork, every fucking time.

/old man rant
Yeah I know what you mean, and we should be talking about production and putting in the work. At the same time there's nothing wrong with joking around. I don't want this place to turn into a playground but once in a while some of us want to have fun since everything else around us is serious and depressing.

On the other hand, people don't post much in general anyway, whether it's here or on social media (except to complain). The chat here is for whatever, who cares about that. But yeah if we're having a discussion about spikes in a waveform, we don't need someone coming along with "I KNOW WHAT KIND OF SPIKE YOU LIKE" or whatever.

Yeah I know what you mean, and we should be talking about production and putting in the work. At the same time there's nothing wrong with joking around. I don't want this place to turn into a playground but once in a while some of us want to have fun since everything else around us is serious and depressing.

On the other hand, people don't post much in general anyway, whether it's here or on social media (except to complain). The chat here is for whatever, who cares about that. But yeah if we're having a discussion about spikes in a waveform, we don't need someone coming along with "I KNOW WHAT KIND OF SPIKE YOU LIKE" or whatever.
Like I said, Im all for free speech, its just that I wish members would be more willing help each other out practically and meaningfully rather than telling them what they or somebody else would do to their ears. I suppose if there was more practical sharing of knowledge and experience then I wouldn't mind so much about the innuendo, but its become so predictable that its not even funny to me any more and I just roll my eyes at it.

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Well I wasn't expecting this intro thread to go this way but in any cases, I hope I can bring constructive stuff to the community even tho I am a (Very) junior beatmaker at the moment.

I am still learning and to be honest I am sure I am not even constructing my beats (patterns n stuff) the right way but again Im all about learning and who knows, maybe I can help with some shit...

Well I wasn't expecting this intro thread to go this way but in any cases, I hope I can bring constructive stuff to the community even tho I am a (Very) junior beatmaker at the moment.

I am still learning and to be honest I am sure I am not even constructing my beats (patterns n stuff) the right way but again Im all about learning and who knows, maybe I can help with some shit...
Sorry for that, my bad. You definitely came to the right place. There are plenty of resources here already that will easily get you started.
If you post your music in the showcase you can get some feedback. Feedback is reciprocated, so if you want to get some feedback you should also give some feedback.
You might find it awkward giving feedback to more experienced producers, but you dont need to be an expert at making music to enjoy it, or have it make you feel a certain way, or have aspects that you like or dislike. Dont take feedback personally, by this I mean our music is our baby, its us expressing ourselves to the world, but none of us start out as musical prodigies, its a learning curve. There are no haters here tbh, the feedback is always constructive and people are usually trying to help you get better, but our ego's can sometimes take criticism we weren't expecting as a personal attack, feelings get hurt and outbursts happen lol.
Once again welcome to ill, we are actually grown ups around here, despite the jokes, and Im old and my patience has long expired, thats my excuse and Im sticking with it.
mad gran torino GIF