Help on buying an MPC

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Whats up illmuizk fam,

So im running reason 3, with a midi controller right now, but i wanna get into samples and such. I've been tryin to use cool edit pro 2 and things but when i pitch up tracks it just distorts them and im having a hard time gettin samples to work out in reason. So I've been leaning towards the thought of copping an MPC and looking at the MPC 2000xl and the 1000, now I have all these computer programs and i have read that the 1000 works good with computers so i was thinking that, but also the 2000xl is like the industry standard. So im askin you all what you think of the situation. Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And any input of people who sample on just computers would be nice i.e what you use, how you go about it. Thanks again.

Hpnotiq

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I love my 2xl but dont get it twisted its just a personal prefrernce

U can get the same results with reason, a trigger finger and a midi controller. the 2xl is a standalone machine the 1000 is ment to be used with some sort of software ap.

Man i dont know why ur giving up reason u can get the same results. U just need to research more

class..

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
I love my 2xl but dont get it twisted its just a personal prefrernce

U can get the same results with reason, a trigger finger and a midi controller. the 2xl is a standalone machine the 1000 is ment to be used with some sort of software ap.

Man i dont know why ur giving up reason u can get the same results. U just need to research more

class..

I don't agree with the 1000 being meant to be used with some sort of app. I don't use mine with any software, all I use mine with is an ASR-10 and something to record to. THe 1k is a beats, don't sleep. But I do agree with laying down samples with Reason will be the same as using cool edit and Reason. What problem are you having I have been using Reason for about 2 years so I could put you in the right direction. Are you turning your samples into rex files and using the chops in DR rex or are you just wanting to loop them in NNXT or NN-19? and you mentioned distortion. How are you recording them Make sure your signal chain is clean and you are not recording your samples out the headphone jack.

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nah im not gonna give up reason class, i was just gonna expand my setup. But i feel both you guys on using reason but Bhunt im not recording from table right now i was just using some mp3s and such and when i pitch it up in cool edit (keeping the tempo the same) it distorts it pretty bad.

and yea im just looking to loop the samples etc add drums, your porbably right tho just more research and experiment, thanks man

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hpnotiq said:
Whats up illmuizk fam,

So im running reason 3, with a midi controller right now, but i wanna get into samples and such. I've been tryin to use cool edit pro 2 and things but when i pitch up tracks it just distorts them and im having a hard time gettin samples to work out in reason. So I've been leaning towards the thought of copping an MPC and looking at the MPC 2000xl and the 1000, now I have all these computer programs and i have read that the 1000 works good with computers so i was thinking that, but also the 2000xl is like the industry standard. So im askin you all what you think of the situation. Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And any input of people who sample on just computers would be nice i.e what you use, how you go about it. Thanks again.

Hpnotiq

reason is actually more powerful than the mpc 1000 and 2000xl (if you have recycle) standalone but they can be the better if you implement racks/workstations into the setup. really the workflow of the mpc sequencer is what youre getting opposed to reason, and that may be what you want. but anyway as for your troubles with REason, first of all if you havent already, use the NNXT to open your samples and do the pitch work in there. reason automatically spreads the pitches across the keys of your midi controller. you only need to use cool edit to basically chop the samples up or timestretch.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I only use the ASR when I'm trying to get grimy with it or I want to use the effects. I make 90 perecent with just the MPC. The 1k can be used as a stand alone machine. I just wish peopel would stop saying otherwise.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
bhunt said:
I only use the ASR when I'm trying to get grimy with it or I want to use the effects. I make 90 perecent with just the MPC. The 1k can be used as a stand alone machine. I just wish peopel would stop saying otherwise.

it all depends on ur talent dog