Hearing vocals while recording - Adobe Audition ?

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Whats good everyone,

I'm using Adobe Audtion and a Samson CO1U mic to record. I'm quite familiar with Adobe Audition and recording with it but I have never doen direct monitoring while recrding vocals. I want to set it up now so that I will be able to hear the vocals thru headphones. Keep in mind that I have the stock soundcard that came with my pc, I pulg my headphones into my speakers which have a headphones jack.

If anyone can explain how I can set this up in Adobe Audition I would really appreciate it thanks . . .

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
you cant do it on the later versions of window. last I remember is win 95 being able to do that. you need a sound card. they keep getting cheaper and cheaper. check em out. I believe i saw one for 90 bux the other day at http://www.musiciansfriend.com/

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Big Tone said:
you cant do it on the later versions of window. last I remember is win 95 being able to do that. you need a sound card. they keep getting cheaper and cheaper. check em out. I believe i saw one for 90 bux the other day at http://www.musiciansfriend.com/
Actually you can do it . . . I have done it with dynamic mics and I have been able to monitor vocals as they were being recorded with my stock sound card.

I think the problem is because the usb mic uses caches is the reason why I can not directly hear as I am recording . . .

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
yeah ive done that with my stock soundcard....its just about your settings in the mixer control panel. prolly has nothing to do with adobe

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Tried that aswell . . . The mic is setup in the mixer already . . . I think it's cause with usb mics theres a sort of delay as their recorded to a cache first before being recorded to a track so they are not able to be monitored like normal mics which do not need to store a cache first because it is all audio.

T

The Bastard

u can def do that. i wish i could tell u how, i havent used a stock sound card in years

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
H&R - I got the same Mic, same recording setup and exact same problem. Did you ever work out a solution to this? I want my vocalist to be able to hear himself thorugh the headphones as he records.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Daymo

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Could be a problem. Most stockcards do not support line in/ line out routing. There are Special ones (with C-Media chipsets, VoIP cards a.s.o) which do, and in fact (semi-)professional recording cards do, but as far as youd like to hear, its the wrong approach anyway. you can solve that problem by getting a cheap 4-channel DJ mixer. Plug your Mic into the mixer, connect the boost out, or tape rec channel to your pc and youll achieve what you want that way. youll have the beat form the line in, and the mic on your headphones (headphones in mixer as well) plus you can even adjust levels of beat and rapper/singer, to make it sound good for the artists needs. some need a louder beat, some need themselves on top.

maybe you should consider to get yourself a nice soundcard as well. the midiman audiophile for example, you can get it on ebay for 50 bucks, and its worth every cent. the difference in sound is huge.

so, a weekend at home, a few blunts less, and you should have what u need ;)

peace mike

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
you might need a better soundcard that has multiple in's and out's. once you get that, you can probably buy a headphone amplifier that has about 4 outs for cheap. that should do it with audition. thats what i do.

oh i have a emu 1820m and that works wonders

members online