guru.

• beat this! voting starts in...
G

Gram

how do u save guru files as .wav or anything else so i can load them into another program to drop as a loop or w/e.
i saved it and it's as .gru files, how am i supposed to use that in FL or acid or anything else?

i also had trouble trying to get guru to load on acid, i couldn't find out how.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
how do u save guru files as .wav or anything else so i can load them into another program to drop as a loop or w/e.
i saved it and it's as .gru files, how am i supposed to use that in FL or acid or anything else?

i also had trouble trying to get guru to load on acid, i couldn't find out how.

What ever program you use has to be able to read that type file. If it doesn't read that type of file you can't use it with that particular program. You have to either find a program that can read and convert it to wave or play it with the program you created with and sample it into another program that can convert it to the type file your music production program can read. You may need two seperate sound cards to even do that.

Google it and see if there's a program that can convert a guru file to wave. In google search just type 'how to convert guru files to wave". If it doesn't come up on google it probably doesn't exist.

G

Gram

i google'd it nothing. i wanted to know what you guru users do.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
GURU is a loop slicer, with slicing accuracy equivalent to the best in the market and convenience second-to-none. It has a unique automatic beatslicing tool called autodetect, which will do all leg-work for you in a second, it will detect the bass drums, the snares the hi hats and others and put them on the right pads! However, the slicing capabilities are very much intended as a tool for bringing audio in to GURU itself.. it's not optimised for exporting individual sliced to your host or hardware sampler.

I think there's your answer. If I understand this correctly you can't export anything from GURU to any other software or hardware. The do make it as a plug in for some software though. In that case you could use it within certain programs. If you like the program you may need to look into that.

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=4&tab=21 You can look into it some more here.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Like Drama Boi said, you can't do it. Guru is either a standalone or a plugin to another program like Sonar, Cubase, etc. .Gru files as far as I know can only be used in Guru. If you really want to export it as a WAV file then I suggest you use Guru as a plugin within a sequencing program, then export it from that sequencing program as a WAV.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Check the new 1.5 version.

=======================
AUDIO EXPORT - Pads, loops, engines, everything
=======================

The Audio Exporter is located on the right hand side of the interface, under the logo. It allows you to export rendered WAVs of the Pads, Tracks, Engines or the whole loop, as ready-to-go crossfaded files, and you can drag and drop straight from the exporter to your host.

Hit the ARM button (record symbol below the GURU logo) to arm the exporter for recording. Now next time you hit PLAY, or next time you hit a pad (PAD mode only), the exporter will capture the output. Depending whether you have the "Crossfade loops on export" option enabled, it may need to record for one cycle or two.

Once recording has been finished, the newly recorded clip will be added to the lower combo box in the audio recorder area. You can double click the name of any recently recorded clip to rename it. To export the clip, pick it in the combo box, then drag from the "Export source" button to the right of the combo boxes to, well, wherever you want -- be that a pad in Guru, a location in Guru's browser, an Explorer/Finder folder, or of course your host. The files it outputs are standard WAVs.

NB:- The cycle length is determined by the length of the pattern, or for 'ALL' mode, the length of the longest currently selected pattern across all engines. If you want to record a longer passage, pick an unused engine (e.g. #Cool, set the page count to 4 and the step count to 128, and then set its tempo multiplier to a low value (e.g. 1/8th). GURU's audio recorder is RAM-based, so recording long passages will eat RAM - you have been warned.

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2711

Guru is the fcukin truth dog.

members online