Guru from Gangstarr rapping with autotune, KILL ME NOW!!

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Man this has gotta be the worst shit ive ever heard.. This dude used to be the MAN,

What the HELL happend?

http://www.zshare.net/audio/593765782f2255f0/

FWMJ's blog pretty much summed up my feelings

Dear GURU

HANG UP THE MIC. YOU USED TO BE ONE OF MY FAVOURITES. YOU’VE MADE CLASSIC ALBUMS WITH A CLASSIC DJ, PRODUCER, AND ICON IN THIS MUSIC AND CULTURE OF HIP HOP. BUT YOU ARE PLAYING YOURSELF RIGHT NOW. YOU NEED TO GET RID OF THESE YES MEN AROUND YOU, FIND SOMEONE THAT CARES AND HAVE THE INTERVENTION OF ALL INTERVENTIONS. IS THIS REALLY ONE OF THE LAST THINGS YOU WANT PEOPLE TO REMEMBER ABOUT YOUR CAREER? YOU FUCKIN BLEW IT! REEVALUATE WHAT YOU ARE DOING, BECAUSE YOU ARE PLAYING YOURSELF.

PRIMO, GETCHA BOY!

classic

ill o.g.
ok its wack. but maybe somebody applied the auto tune later

Nahh fam, this is off his new album with producer name solar or solais(cant remember)

Either way ive been hearing ALOT of subpar stuff from this cat lateley, i just expect him to go here. I mean there is nothing wrong with trying new things as long as its fresh, but you can hear him trying to rap the same ol cookie cutter autune hook over a generic southern beat...

Blahh.. Ohh well...

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
all right. well yeah its wack. i had that same guru-fell-of-feeling when i heard his last album and the bald head slick stuff. guru without premo is just not right

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Well, I haven't heard anything good from Guru since Moment of Truth, I think he's suffering the same thing Jeru & Group Home have in the past... everyone wants to do their own thing due to creative differences or whatever, and then they just fall off the map and so does the quality of the music...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
A lot of rappers got flavor, and some got skills
But if your voice ain't dope then you need to [chill... chill... ]

well, he fucked that up nicely

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
the last one or two jazzmatazz albums were shite too...

really sad to see this happen to such a formerly outstanding artist.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
he wasnt making cake with what he was doin. he seen other dudes making cake wit autotune. simple. i dont blame him..... let him try different things. however, his best is wit premo and we all know this. but best doesnt always mean cake.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i never thought GURU was skill't... just had a few songs i liked.... and this aint that bad... just the hook with the auto tune... besides, i read a few interviews with artists that KNOW the shit theyre puttin out is trash, but theyre tryin to conform to today's trend to stay relevant.

da relic

classic

ill o.g.
he wasnt making cake with what he was doin. he seen other dudes making cake wit autotune. simple. i dont blame him..... let him try different things. however, his best is wit premo and we all know this. but best doesnt always mean cake.

Ohh most def, dont get it twisted, i aint mad at any artist trying new things, nothing ticks me off more then cats who are stuck in '95.. Every artist should expand and grow. I understand you gotta make money as well...

BUT with that being said..dude has fell off and is mailing it in, i mean this is just one song but sounds like he aint trying at all , the flow is lazy and the autotune is badly done... I'm more disappointed then anything else because of the overall lack of effort from this cat.. its like come on man, i know you can get beats from the dopeist most progressive producers in the country... your GURU for god sakes.. Holla at black milk, holla at the illfellaz, holla at sa-ra, kanye, 9th wonder ,knottz, Swizz beatz,Nicolay,Daru,Organized noise etc.

Im sure all these cats will gladly contribute to a guru project because of his status.(not to mention all the underground talent like us that would love to work with this cat)
But instead i feel like he took the easy way out and tried to come with come cookie cutter generic beat/autotune b.s to get an easy buck...

i dont know, this one kinda got to me..I feel like andre 3000 in the rosa parks verse

"my fav group aint bringing it no mo"