(Grammy Awards) Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Youngz Gunz- Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group- "Can't Stop Won't Stop" (Roc A Fella Records)

This has got to be the worst song of the year and it gets nominated for a Grammy? ..... Come on! :crazy: Hip Hop has officially fell off ..... we're all mostly producers in here right? ... Whats your opinion on that beat? .... I thought it sucked .... It sounded like it had about 4 tracks and never broke down or had any kind of musical change. Basically it was a amature beat that any one of us could of made with our eyes closed. Do you think that there nomination has anything to do with the fact that there on Roc A Fella Records (political reasons) ?

This is a perfect example that if you force garbage to someone long enough they will eventually acquire a taste for garbage and start to like it ... which proves that as long as you have 6 figures pushing a record along with industry power and muscle its a guaranteed hit. :no:

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i dont think its poiltics.... i just think that this is a result of the "game" having been dumbed down so much, and that production style is big right now for some stupid reason. not simple beats, but plain beats are what people like for some stupid reason.

i do think that the roc is a part of the reason why.... because as it was mentioned in another thread here, only the majors can really change things up, and they have the power and the influence to tell you crao as good and make you believe it. thats where the politics come in..... its like arnold saying "vote for me!!!!!!! I AM AHNOLD" and little else, and people voted for him without a clue as to what he sood for. same princeple; it has the rocs name, just blaze made it, SO IT MUST BE HOT!

thats my take anyways.

oh yeah.... PLEASE tell me The Roots got a nod for "The Seed".... if not......???? that just wouldnt mke AN Ysense.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
THEY JUDGE BY SALES, THEY DONT LISTEN TO THE SONG, THEY GO BY WHATS POPULAR.AND DiGGA DiD THE "CANT STOP WONT STOP" BEAT.
HOW ABOUT 50 BEING BILLED AS A NEW ARTIST.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
The people that pick the Grammy's are 50 year old white men that have no idea what hip hop is. Hence that they pick Cant Stop Wont Stop as Grammy Material. and also the fact they havnt releazied 50 cent has been around for years.......its disapointing, they should have people that know what there talking about

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
alright..check this..i told my sister about this..she doesnt make music..just watches whats on TV, this is what she said

"what is the world coming to?"

and i thought it was funny cuz we have had the dicussion about how girls just want simplicity, ect. but even she knows that beat and song sucks

ToneEsharp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I agree that beat is straight TRASH!! they made that straight from hiphop EJay (haha remember that) that GO scratch sample they use is even in the samples that comes with it. I could make that beat with out my ears. I think they got it cause of the hook is catchy "can't stop won't stop" see i am evening saying lol

O

o.Prime

the young gunz beat is WAAAAAAAAAAACCCCKK, its sounds like they pressed one of the preset beats on some old 1976 casio or something. There is absolutely no creativty whatsoever. It seems like everyone is cutting back these days with the economy and all but damn, this is taking it a little too far. Other beats that, In my opinion, are doing nothing are R.Kelly beats(fucking repetitive, throw some kind of changes in there), Eminem beats(him and aesop rock should get together and make video game soundtracks or something), Aesop Rock(see previous), Little Jon Beats(the beats themselves are alright, but all the OOOOOOOOK's and other annyoying various screams ruin the shit). The wackness could go on and on. Im just glad people are starting to recognize this and are willing to make a change for the better.

jclay12345

JClay
ill o.g.
I know this is an old topic, but I haven't been to this site for a while. I actually liked the beat and the song. I know it is simple but I liked it. I'm not saying that it was Grammy material but it was cool for what it was.
People are saying that hip hop is falling off. I don't think so. It is just that hip hop has grown so much that "hip hop" is now a broad term. It has something for everybody. Just because you don't like a song, there are thousands of others that do. Just because I like a song, there are thousands of others that don't. Like I have been finding out that I am the ONLY person that dislikes Jay-Z - 99 Problems. To me, that is the wackest beat in the world. The lyrics are straight but I had to FORCE myself to listen to the words just so I could hear whatever it is that everyone likes about it. I still don't hear it.
I just have a question for all the people that have been complaining about hip hop fallin off. What do ya'll like?

members online