Giving feedback??

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 140
Anyone else struggle with giving proper constructive criticism on other people work??

I usually am like “sick beat” or “sounds good” lol

I guess I just never know how to critique a beat .
I’m trying to get out my shell tho. All I do is just make the beats and want ppl to like me hem and critique mine as well.
Im learning

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Anyone else struggle with giving proper constructive criticism on other people work??

I’m trying to get out my shell tho. All I do is just make the beats and want ppl to like me hem and critique mine as well.
Im learning
Usually what I do is I type it out as I'm listening then go back and summarize it if needed, but usually I just write out a line or two. I always try to mention the sound of the drums then the other instruments and the overall mix.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544

Im learning
Depends.

Nothing wrong with "sick beat" or "sounds good" if that's what it instinctually makes you feel to say.

It's different if someone is requesting or you're seeking to give specific feedback.

Sometimes even in those moments I may only have really that "got not too much to say about it, just sounds good", but I can usually flesh it out if I need to. But sometimes it's just that.

If you find you have this more often than not, particularly on here, then it could be down to not having the necessary critical ability to critique the beat - if you don't have the necessary mixing skills or experience, or your musical and technical knowledge and language isn't there, then you may struggle to explain why you think or feel something or not.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Yea I’m trying to be more talkative in the community I usually just be posted up looking at what goin on, don’t have no friends around me that’s into beats so I look online for community. I just be not talkative

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
When I first started making beats I didn’t even know you were supposed to mix the beats lol I would just render the beat as soon as I was done and send it to someone lol

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
Basically, there's no incentive to provide feedback. Either your beat is nice or I wasn't feeling you is the best you'll get . Time = money.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Feedback is what makes this a community. You join a forum or group to be part of the community; to share, learn, help, grow get involved.

That's the mistake this youtube generation make. They join forums or Discord servers to "market" their beats :ROFLMAO:
Just turning up and thinking that's going to make them money. Trying to drive traffic to their beatstars.
Imagine your plan for success is to just post your beats in front of your competitors.

The key, in most walks of a life(good general rule of thumb) but especially in music... is networking. You have to realise also that networking on beatmaker/production forums, you're mostly going to make some friends and/or get feedback; in fact if you're not hear for that what are you even here for?

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Feedback is what makes this a community. You join a forum or group to be part of the community; to share, learn, help, grow get involved.

That's the mistake this youtube generation make. They join forums or Discord servers to "market" their beats :ROFLMAO:
Just turning up and thinking that's going to make them money. Trying to drive traffic to their beatstars.
Imagine your plan for success is to just post your beats in front of your competitors.

The key, in most walks of a life(good general rule of thumb) but especially in music... is networking. You have to realise also that networking on beatmaker/production forums, you're mostly going to make some friends and/or get feedback; in fact if you're not hear for that what are you even here for?
Completely agree. Community is about more than self-promotion. It’s about learning, growing, and networking. Engaging with fellow artists opens doors to collaborations and opportunities.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Completely agree. Community is about more than self-promotion. It’s about learning, growing, and networking. Engaging with fellow artists opens doors to collaborations and opportunities.
It's also the dumbest place to market yourself as a producer... "hey I make beats" yeah we all do. "Here's my beatstars" why? Who here is gonna be buying beats :LOL:

It would be a good place to come as a vocalist to network. And maybe half okay as an engineer - only difficulty with this is many here will be developing their abilities to not need a mix engineer. So again would be a good place to grow and help grow.

People are funny man, they really have no clue.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Michael Jackson Halloween GIF by Vevo