Genre Help

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
I need help determining the genre I should use to categorize my beats. I added 5 different beats so you can get a feel for what I make.

Statement - Illvian
Ascension - Illvian
After Hours - Illvian
Curses - Illvian
Wavy - Illvian

Feedback also appreciated.

Thanks

Yep, i'm pretty sure it's hip hop... :LOL:

But seriously though, I think for SC it doesn't make a big difference if you tag your beats. I guess only for the more established artists but still...

Listened to a few of them and they're pretty dope. For how long have you been making beats?

Illvian

Yep, i'm pretty sure it's hip hop... :LOL:

But seriously though, I think for SC it doesn't make a big difference if you tag your beats. I guess only for the more established artists but still...

Listened to a few of them and they're pretty dope. For how long have you been making beats?
Thanks! I've been semi serious about it for about a year now.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Listened to the first one. This is hip-hop. I know hip-hop has changed and now there's a lot of people who sing over bass, but this is a track to support a story teller telling some dark shit. Drums I think can knock more and be more full in the mix. I thought I heard some dissonance on the bass at parts. But if someone raps over this, that's stuff that can be cleaned up through production stages.

I haven't listened to too many underground folks of late but whoever is the new Immortal Technique could rap over this and tell a story.

Illvian

Listened to the first one. This is hip-hop. I know hip-hop has changed and now there's a lot of people who sing over bass, but this is a track to support a story teller telling some dark shit. Drums I think can knock more and be more full in the mix. I thought I heard some dissonance on the bass at parts. But if someone raps over this, that's stuff that can be cleaned up through production stages.

I haven't listened to too many underground folks of late but whoever is the new Immortal Technique could rap over this and tell a story.
Thanks Dusty B. I never make my beats with the mindset of someone rapping over them. Didn't think they were good enough lol. I currently have beat makers block because I want my beats to sounds gritty/darker with that gangster edge. Cartune Beatz' work on Lloyd Banks' Halloween Havoc 4 (especially the track "No Options") is exactly the sound I'm looking to replicate and make my own. I think I use too many electronic/synth elements but not in a way conducive to the sound I really want.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Thanks Dusty B. I never make my beats with the mindset of someone rapping over them. Didn't think they were good enough lol. I currently have beat makers block because I want my beats to sounds gritty/darker with that gangster edge. Cartune Beatz' work on Lloyd Banks' Halloween Havoc 4 (especially the track "No Options") is exactly the sound I'm looking to replicate and make my own. I think I use too many electronic/synth elements but not in a way conducive to the sound I really want.
so make more beats without too many electronic and synth elements.

members online