For those of you who do your drums in reason nn-xt...

• beat this! voting starts in...

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
I just made my first beat using the nn-xt for my drums instead of re-drum and it came out bangin...I still haven't figured out velocities in the nn-xt becuz I haven't quite caught on to the method yet..My actual question is, How do you mute or sequence your drums when using the nn-xt??? When it comes to sequencing my beats I usually just record my mutes.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
since ur using the nnxt.. every hit is inputed manually. You can actually just go into the measure that u want to mute and delete those notes.

or you can create a mixer track and record an automation of u clicking mute on the nnxt.

first way is mad easier tho.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
if i record me clicking mute on the nn-xt it will mute all the drums instead of just the hats, or just the kick for a measure, or the claps for a break,etc,etc, but i see what you mean by deleting the notes that i want to keep or sweep....

what happened to pancake bunny?????????? WHAT HAPPENED TO PANCAKE BUNNY?????? DAMMNIT SAY IT AIN'T SOOoOOOO!!!!!!!

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
your talking about the bunny RIGHT???? not dantson?????

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
dantson you fool. check ur PMs.

now back on topic. I didnt know you only wanted to mute one element (kick, hats, etc.) but same element applies.

jbm

16 Pads
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Flipp the NN-XT around route the separate drums samples out to the mixer then do what Sanova said with the automation on the mixer.

jbm

16 Pads
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Gives you more control with filtering effects and layering many drums as you want with in the NN-XT remote editing rack.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
If u want to make it feel like it did when u used the redrum - try gating a new NNXT for each channel in the redrum and then it all can be sequenced through the redrum again...Or you could just keep it the way u had it and map all of yer samples on the NNXT......

*Remember to open up the release on yer amp envelope when using drums in the XT or else theyl all sound short and end funny.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
What up All,

Well im new to the illmuzik site and just thought I would throw in my two cents, The NNXT is great for the drums and there are multiple ways to track each sound (BassKick, HiHat,Snare etc) I am at work so trying to explain ways of tracking your NNXT is kinda difficult to say so what Im going to do is post anouther message tomorrow with a couple of ways to do so, but as said before its easier just to go in the sequencer and delete the notes, well ill put up the post with a full explanation of how to track each sound in the NNXT.

Later,

Kontents

eKim(one)baBY

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i don't really see the use ... you can allways get your redrum drums out into a mixer ... and from there ... endless posibilities

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Yeah i was messing around with the NNXT to see if there was a specific way to track the sounds, nothing really fancy/so i would stick with redrum. if you like the sounds in the NNXT drum patch,but want to track it, the samples are in the advanced part of the NNXT, just open it up and see what sample it is and assign it to a redrum track to a seperate mixer, and thats basicly all you need i make a combinator patch with a Mixer,Redrum, Compressors for each track and also an eq for the bass kick and a scream module just in case i want to make a grimy sound for whatever sound i pick to use it with.

hope your not to bummed about the whole not being able to track the NNXT. =(

Peace,

Kontents

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
thanks for the replies fellas...I figured that shit out the same night though...But to revisit the topic...I'll be droppin a couple of hints in here that I did my research on...Alot of the shit comes from this website if you know where to look for it...

members online