For my European Folk..."Outlandish!!!!"

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Has anybody here heard of the hip hop group Outlandish?!?!?!?!

MAn...these kats got some serious shit!!!!!!!! Imy sister lives in Europe and two years ago when she and her husband lived in Amsterdam, she put me on to them. My sister brought there album "Bread and Barrels of Water" for me and when I heard it I was VERY impressed. Most foriegn mainstram hip hop isn't much diffrent from it's American cousin, but Outandish stood out among the countless mainstream acts who were trying to be like American Hip Hoppers. Hell, there album would get about 4.5 out of 5 mics if It was in the Source I think!!! It's just what hip hop should be!! Anybody who isn't up on these kats should check them out seriously!!!!

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
yea man they fucking wack rnb style hip hop, i dont dig that shit man, they norwegian aint they?

but it seems that most "heads" on this board aint into real hip hop anyway, i mean people actually like kanye, timberland and fiddys style....

oh yea, this aint an argument about what is real hip hop or not, everyone has their own opinions this is mine....

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Hey man. Outlandish you say.. I'm from sweden, Next door to those cats in denmark.. I don't like outlandish all that mush. But I have to say, if you'r listening for hip hop not sounding like your average american producers.. Check out Swedish group "looptroop".. those cats can really swing.

Peace man / Andreas

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Haze47 said:
but it seems that most "heads" on this board aint into real hip hop anyway,

where do u get this from? i wouldnt say this forum had a commercial following at all.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Haze47 said:
look at the super producer thread....

yeh but most of the producers cant be argued with in there, i mean no 'real' or 'underground' producer can touch the likes of Dre, Just Blaze or Timbaland, they are simply the best producers regardless how commercial they might be/

the dudes you have mentioned (madlib, muggs) are great beat makers, but they havent brought an artist out like Dre or Timbo have.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
^ Well said

Outlandish lick horse scrotum

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Outlandish = crap.

Andreas: Have you heard Redrama? His from Finland and Proof from d-12 and Guru will be featuring on his next album. I'm not a big fan of his(because I'm not very much into this kinda reggae type of sound which Looptroop uses too...) but I think he got some serious talent anywayz...

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Whoof:
Yeah I've heard of redrama.. But just this one song I saw on mtv.. Not really my bag but a talented cat. But nice to see a Finish dude on the scene. You need to get some space in the light.. Haven't heard of any xsept those fucking dudes (boomfunk mc's) I hate those guys.

Peace man / Frid min granne

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
look i aint saying the ppl i put are the best....they are the best IMO fair play, fucking CYPRESS HILL shit all over DRE, TIMB and JUST BLAZE, from a fucking great hight......A FUCKING GREAT hight.....

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Lol hehehe Boomfunk MC's...

Frrrreee style.... r r r rock the microphone ffff...

The candy raving breaker kid annoyed the fuck out of me with his shitty PS1 controller.

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well Bomfunk mc's ain't quite hiphop or rap anyways.

There's this other cat too from Finland called Brandon. More todays type of hiphop. He's quite decent.

And then there is this fucking disgraze for Finnish hiphop - "Royal Family".
Those guys went and bought guyz like Royce da 95, Ghostface, and so on to feat on their ultimately WEAK album. Royal Family is the most hated group here, so if you big names here get e-mail from them, tell 'em to fuck off! =)

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
thanx lol! But on the hiphopside i guess promoe and looptroop are the only ones I know off living in scandinavia. I know that besides hiphop there tonns of good stuff coming from scandinavia with lots from norway like Hakan Lidbo or TB.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
They're considered very Pop and commerical from where I'm from(Sweden).

But I must say that songs like 'Guantanamo' are not THAT bad.

Sweden has alot to offer when it comes to hip-hop.

Looptroop
Promoe
Ison & Fille
Ken

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Vince said:
They're considered very Pop and commerical from where I'm from(Sweden).

But I must say that songs like 'Guantanamo' are not THAT bad.

Sweden has alot to offer when it comes to hip-hop.

Looptroop
Promoe
Ison & Fille
Ken

THANK YOU at least somebody agrees...but thats ok!